“Treat yourself, eat here.”
Review of Fork

Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 3rd
Transit: Septa Bus Lines 42 & 17, 3rd Street Septa Regional Rail, Market East Station Market-Frankford El, 2nd Street
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love eating at Fork - whether it be something quick & tasty from Fork, etc. for breakfast or lunch, grabbing a sit down brunch or dinner in Fork itself or spoiling myself with a special menu at one of their Chef's Table events. Fork uses quality ingredients and frequently updates their menu. Currently, the oysters in gazpacho vinegar are absolutely amazing. The bartenders are excellent and the waitstaff is well trained. I spend at least one meal at Fork each time I'm in the area.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

fork has great options that change weekly. Ingredients are fresh and there are several options for specific dietary needs (Vegan, Vegetarian, etc). I appreciate the fresh made sandwiches that are grill pressed, served warm. Many salads (beet, lentil, bean) to accompany sandwich. I like going to Fork for its light, healthy lunch options - good to get quality food while watching your calories.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Because now we'll never get a table so easily again. We have been going to Fork for years and have always enjoyed it but when we went a few weeks ago with two other couples who had never dined there before I took one look at the menu and knew this was not the Fork I had been to before. I didn't recognize anything on that menu. Was a little worried when I inquired of the server as to whether there was a new chef and was told that yes, there was a new chef and a totally different menu.
I needn't have worried. In fact this was the best dinner I' ve ever had at Fork and can't wait to go back although I think getting a reservation will be a whole lot more difficult now that it's been reviewed and given such accolades. All well deserved in my book. Everything was prepared so perfectly and presented so beautifully. This is a chef who really cares about his craft. Intricate flavors and unusual pairings. Really a foodie's paradise.The wait staff has always been wonderful at Fork. Knowledgable, helpful. The timing of the courses was perfect. My only complaint was with the desserts. But I'm sure this will be corrected before long. Happy to post this review and to say if you've been to Fork in the past try it again for the first time.

1  Thank BBE2
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After looking at the menu online, I have to admit my fiance and I were a little skeptical about going to Fork. We went with family and someone else had made this reservation. The menu has some interesting items such as grilled octopus and wild boar ragu. We weren't sure what to expect but left satisfied and glad we came.

As an appetizer I started with the fresh mozzarella and melon. It had a unique flavor and the texture of the mozzarella was a lot softer than I have ever had before. The melon and salad that accompanied it was different but very delicious. My fiance had grilled octopus which I did not try but he described it as "exotic" and was pleased with it. My cousin had the oysters which she said were delicious.

We also had wine pairings with each course. Each course kept coming out with white wine (I am a red fan)...even with the NY Strip steak I ordered. I was suprised that the white wines I tried were not as sweet as I expected and I actually enjoyed them. I am glad we did the wine pairing because I am now more open to trying other whites as I was always under the impression that white wines were too sweet for my taste. However, the wines were perfect for the courses, although the dessert wines that came out were not so great. My fiance had mostly reds paired with his and I have to say I wasn't a fan of any of them.

Dinner was good, nothing exceptional though. The steak was good but I wouldn't say I was overly impressed with it. Everyone else at our table enjoyed their meals. I have no complaints about the service we received and the atmosphere was pleasant. I must say that the choices I made off the NYE prefix menu were pretty safe compared to everyone at our table (steak, mozzarella, pasta, etc.) but if you are looking for something a little different I would say this is the place for you. One of the courses was a pumpkin tortelloni which was amazing. Something I've never tried but we loved it. (we passed forks around to try each others dishes.) I did try the pasta with the wild boar ragu and found it to be too salty. I would definitely suggest taking a look at the menu online before you go.

Overall a good experience that allowed us to try things out of our comfort zone and we are glad we went! The one thing I will say is that our bill was fairly expensive. We didn't have a problem with it but for the four of us it came out to almost $560. We didn't drink a lot either. Two people had two drinks, my fiance and I only had the wine with the pairings of the meal which was $30 per person. Be careful of the prices. We went on NYE and there was a prefix menu which was why but if you go for a holiday be aware of this.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our party of three dined at fork for an early dinner. We chose Fork after reading several reviews. We were promptly seated for our early reservation with a good view of the open kitchen. We chose inside seating because the outside seating was too close to traffic and the diesel exhaust of passing busses. The restaurant is small and cozy. The wine list is not huge yet had a nice selection of variety and price. We had soup/salmon, house made pasta with house cured guanciale (pig jowls), smoked duck breast, and seared scallops. The smoked duck breast was served with baby bok choy and crispy lentils. Appetizers ranged from $9.50 to $13. Our dinners were around $30 and our wine was $65. Bread is doled out by the server one at a time. No seconds of bread were offered. The bread not warm and was almost cold. Our waters were over refilled. Every time I took a couple sips a server appeared and refilled my glass. Our served did reach across the adjacent diner, instead of walking around the table.It bothered me to see the same sponge used to wipe each plate in the pass. Our bottle of wine wasn’t over poured, which we appreciated. Fork specializes in fine local ingredients tastefully prepared. Portion sizes are ample but not too big. The owner actually stopped by our table to see how everything was which was a nice touch. Our meal was very enjoyable barring a couple of glitches.