“Great food, good service, BYOB”
Review of Radicchio Cafe

Radicchio Cafe
Ranked #224 of 4,613 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just happened on this out of the way restaurant in the center city when we were out riding bikes. They don't take reservations so that can be a bit of a problem except when we were there it was warm and we could wait outside. They even served drinks while we waited. There isn't much space inside to wait for a table so consider that.

The food was delicious. The service was quite good. The restaurant is small to medium in size. Prices are relatively inexpensive. Portion sizes are sufficient without being too much. A salad and any entree is a great price meal. Their desserts are fantastic. Espresso was delicious.

I highly recommend this restaurant for the food.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We went with a group of four on a Saturday night. The wait was not too long and the host was very accommodating. Great food. Recommend especially the sole and the pasta in vodka sauce. And it's BYOB. Parking was a challenge.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Radicchio Cafe has been around for quite a while and always does a nice job.Friendly welcoming atmosphere. One of my favorite BYOBs in town but they do not take reservations so get there either early or go later. I've waited at times but never too long. Excellent Italian Food at very reasonable prices. Good pasta and fish specials. Bring a nice bottle of red and you will enjoy yourself!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The food here is amazing. This might be my favorite italian BYOB in Philadelphia. However, the service was a little disappointing at the beginning. It took about 10 minutes for someone to come to the door to greet us, but that was all forgotten when we got our food...DELICIOUS!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am giving Radicchio 3 1/2 stars. The restaurant was a BYOB which is great. When we walked in the Host sat us immediately. It took a while for us to get menus. We started with a buffalo mozzarella and a beet salad. Both were YUMMY! Then for my entrée I order the Whole wheat penne with chicken and broccoli. Well they did not have penne and they substituted it with spaghetti, my friend ordered the Penne Positano but again they substitute it with bowtie pasta and my sister order the Farfalle Toto, no substitutions there. My entrée came out lukewarm, I should have returned it to be heated up a little longer but I was hungry and it was still okay but if it had come out really hot it would have been great. When it was time to pay the check, I gave them my credit card and they did not accept credit cards. WHAT!!! When we walked in the restaurant the sign that said 'No Credit Cards' was not in the window. That was a little disappointing. Would I go again, I would because the overall experience was good.

1  Thank antrec