“As often as I can, I will return”
Review of Kabul Restaurant

Kabul Restaurant
Ranked #479 of 4,390 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
CMP
“As often as I can, I will return”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Small but accommodating. The "kitchen" is at the entry, similar to a steak shop counter, with tables in the rear, but far enough removed that I did not hear any kitchen noise. Although I never have Afghani food before, I will again! Every dish was well prepared, seasoned, and served promptly, yet I did not feel rushed. Good value. We look forward to working through the menu.

• Visited April 2013

Albany, New York
“Great experience!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have never had Afghan food before and decided to give it a try. The food was very tasty and the service was quick. Unlike other reviewers, I actually like the decoration.

Los Angeles, CA
“Yum, yum.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you've never tried Afghan cuisine, you are missing out on a treat. Delicious flavors of saffron, rose water, pistachio and other spices make for a wonderful burst of taste in your mouth. The food was fresh, flavorful without being spicy, artfully presented, and the service friendly. If you go early, as we did, it's also a great place for a conversation as tables are far enough apart and it's not particularly noisy.

colts neck, nj
“Wow! Great flavors . Polite service . Wish it was closer.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We find ourselves driving 50 miles to Kabul when we want consistently great Afghani food.

Ingredients are FRESH and well seasoned. Not spicy just lots of flavor. It's busy people just keep on coming in but it never gets loud.

Yes the decor is dated, but no one seems to care. Highly recommended. Appetizers are fantastic ! can't wait to go back

Philadelphia
“Interesting and diverse Afghan/Indian food; friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our meal met our expectations even though some of the other reviews(on other sites) were less than sterling.
We found the lentil soup especially tasty and spiced just right.
The vegetarian entree was very good and a large amount of rice. The lamb kabobs were nice and spicy albeit a tad overcooked, accompanied by brown rice.
Our window seat afforded us a nice view of the passers-by. The interesting interior decoration features a variety of Afghanistan-based items such as vests and other items of clothing.

• Visited August 2013