“Good, Friendly bar”

Neighborhood: City Center East
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Good, Friendly bar”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed in Phialdephiafor a convention and a couple of days after. Used this bar on the first night and used it regularly afterwards.
Very friendly and efficient staff. Took time to talk to you if they could. Good range of beers at a reasonable price, especially at happy hour.
Food was varied enough to eat there more than once, with quick and pleasant service.
Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013

Sewell, New Jersey
“I was starving!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I arrived at Moriarty's at 11:00 AM. I'd just had cataract surgery at nearby Wills Eye Institute and (due to the anesthesia) hadn't been allowed to eat anything after midnight. I ordered a half-pound cheeseburger (very rare) with grilled mushrooms. It came wit a huge pile of delicious fries, tomato and lettuce. I followed it with a big hunk of chocolate lava cake and washed everything down with a glass of warm cider and 2 cups of coffee.

All of this was before I read the post-surgery instructions that said to eat light food and drink juice or water. Well, "light food" is open to interpretation and cider is juice. I'm glad I gobbled first and read the instructions later. The next day my surgeon got a big chuckle out of that and said the instructions were written for worst-case patients with touchy tummies.

Service was pub-like, not fussy but OK. My only complain was that the coffee came cold and we had to flag down a different waiter to get it replaced.

I'll keep Moriarty's in mind the next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Ottawa, Canada
“Went for happy hours and stayed for dinner”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went for the $3 draught beer happy hour 5-7 and stayed for dinner. I had the corned beef and cabbage with new potatoes (deep fried - I prefer boiled) and my wife had a Santa Fe burger with a side salad. The beers were great. The food good. Total bill including tip was less than $60.

• Visited June 2013
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Busy Irish pub”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went in for dinner, very busy and ended up at a two-top which was squished next to another table. They were a nice group, but it was hard to maintain a conversation of our own when theirs was buzzing in our ears. The beer selection was great and even a non-beer fan such as myself had options and tried a delicious ginger beer. The beau ordered fish and shrimp which he found to be ok, but a little soggy. I had the corned beef and cabbage which came with a large serving of meat, but was a little dry. Overall I'd return for the beer selection, possibly apps with friends, but probably not dinner and surely not for a date night.

“Extremely helpful”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

4 out of 5 in our party got Phili Cheese Steaks. All different variations. Delicious. The 5th is a vegetarian. Not really the place for veggies.
The staff was extremely helpful. When they saw we had a map, the manager came by and gave us some tips as to where to go, including some other places to eat. Gave us directions on how to get from area to area.
Absolutely wonderful.