“excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of Benjamin Franklin Parkway & 18th
Transit: PHLASH – 18th and Parkway
Description: Couches and overstuffed armchairs elevate the level of comfort in the spacious Lounge at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia. The Lounge features an all day menu of 'cultured cocktails and cuisine.' Afternoon Tea on Saturday and lavish Sunday brunch make the lounge a popular destination for Philadelphians and visitors alike. A fireplace blazes in winter, while diners overlook the famous Parkway Museums District.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Can't say anything bad, great food, great service, went above and beyond to accomodate our needs. Try the Philly cheesesteak probably the best one you will have that is fresh with quality ingredients

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great atmosphere, yummy drinks, friendly and helpful staff. Also children are very welcome . This is a great place for afternoon tea, early evening and late nite drinks and food.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My sister and I took our mother to the Swann Cafe afternoon tea which for some reason we thought was highly rated. Mistake. It was priced so that it should have been highly rated, but we were disappointed and actually felt a little sick afterwards. We all ordered the social tea for $30 a piece. This includes tea (duh), tea sandwiches, scones and little pastries. There was a selection of what I suppose were high end teas in a box on the table, but none were "just tea". We finally convinced our waiter that we wanted regular old tea at which point he finally offered English breakfast tea. The sandwiches seemed past their prime and we passed after a few bites. The scones were the best thing. They were served hot and there was clotted cream, lemon curd and jam for them. I was a little worried about the cream because it was sitting out on the table when we arrived, but it tasted ok so I went with it. We were all feeling a little unwell from the sandwiches, so we passed on the pastries which they did wrap up for my sister to take home. We should have ordered the scones a la carte for I believe $12. (I don't recall if that also would have included the tea). We probably would have had plenty to eat if we had just ordered two social teas for the three of us and an extra tea. The tea was nicely served in individual tea pots. It was loose tea.

I'm sorry to say that service was pretty bad. Even though we were not in a hurry, we always had to look around for a waiter. There only seemed to be one (with a runner), but there were only five tables and not a complicated menu. When we were ready for our check, I actually had to get up and go searching for our waiter to get our check who was standing in a hallway chatting where he could not see the cafe.

4  Thank JustOneBoomer
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This restaurant was in the posh Four Seasons Hotel so we were expecting decent food and service. The food was good, but the service was bad. Here is a vital tip: if the server does not show up to take an order within ten minutes, leave! It only goes down from that point on. This is a preview of the service you will receive and that has been our trend every time it takes ten minutes or more to come to the table.
Anyway, the server came over ten minutes after being seated. To be fair, the salmon I had was decent. When it came time for dessert, we asked to see the dessert menu. Fifteen minutes later, no menu. I had to flag him over to tell him to forget about it, just to bring the check. He was not apologetic and did not seem to care. Therefore, when it came to tip, he was lucky to get 10% out of me instead of my standard 20%. He did not even deserve that. Never again!

2  Thank stevemartinfanatic
ChristiaD, Manager at Swann Lounge & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Good evening stevemartinfanatic,

I am terribly sorry to hear about your recent experience in the Swann Lounge. We pride ourselves on the high level of attention and service we provide to our guests, and apologize on this occasion that we fell short.

I am happy to learn that your salmon dish was prepared to your liking; however, this dish alone does not compensate for the earlier stated errors. Please know that we take this feedback very seriously and are following up with the manager on duty as well all of the servers and server assistants that were involved. It is your candid feedback and honest opinion that helps us develop and continue to improve.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this information. Should you join us again in the future, we hope your experience will be nothing less than excellent.

Jonathan Vettori
Swann Lounge Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We walked into the lounge (in the Four Seasons hotel) because they don't take reservations. We were seated right away on Christmas eve at 6pm (it does get more crowded as the evening went on). The place was full of family with kids. They have a $10 kid's meal available as well. The food was excellent and the wine selection as well. Very professional service (including for kids) but it did slow down a bit as the restaurant gets more crowded. Very lively atmosphere.