“Vegetarian Chinatown Surprise”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I recommend this Philadelphia Chinatown restaurant for vegetarians and those who are "kosher". The food is flavorful and authentic, nicely prepared and presented. Soup portions are more than enough to serve 2-3 people. The "beef", "chicken", and "seafood" dishes are delightful. The waiter wished us a "todah Rabah" that he said they always say in China. Quite a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

the prices are VERY reasonable. we had a dinner option that included choice of soup, three appetizers, and choice of entree. the appetizers were spring roll, fried dumpling and steamed dumpling. I had Gen Tso's "chicken" and my husband the spicy Malayasian chicken. the food was excellent $12.50per person, portions large enough to take some home. dessert included--a fortune cookie, fresh oranges, and a chinese sweet. my husband loved the food, and he is a carnivore. also ceretified kosher. the owners are ethnic Chinese born in Malaysia. and of course Singapore itself is Asian fusion.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I had jury duty in Philly and ate at this place all three days. I cannot say enough about their delicious vegan menu and friendly service. I will definetly do the 40 min drive downtown to eat at this place again and again! A+

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I'll admit, as a family we're definitely a dietary demographic subset: kosher, vegetarian, and now, upon hitting her tweens, we also now sport a vegan. So when you find a restaurant that works for all these needs, it quickly becomes a favorite. Lucky for us, it's also had staying power. Our family has been frequenting this Chinatown gem for over a decade. We also love to take unsuspecting meat-eaters along for the look on their faces when they take their first bite and inevitably ask, "Are you SURE this isn't meat?" We just hit our favorite again today after a bit of hiatus and were pleased to see the same quality we've come to know and love. The hostess even slipped in a little something "on the house" into our order for us. Happy to recommend the Fong family's talents with wheat meat to any one visiting our fair city.

1  Thank Summer10TravellingMo
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This restaurant serves the standard meat-like Chinese vegetarian fare, but the chef is great. Service was attentive.

Tip: If you are a religious Jew, they will accept payment ahead of Shabat, so you can have a hot meal on Shabat at the restaurant.

1  Thank eladyt