“Overall Nice Experience”
Review of Melograno

Melograno
Reserve with OpenTable
Melograno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #395 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Overall Nice Experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Four of us stopped into Melograno, without a reservation, just after 5 on a Sunday evening. They were courteous and didn't look down their noses at our lack of planning ahead. (I hate it when restaurants do that when they obviously aren't busy.) Food was very good--not wowful, but nice. We all agreed we would go back. (If you want wild boar, Casa Casta Diva's is better--although a bit more expensive.) Their vegetarian pasta and risotto options were interesting and delicious. Salad was boring and desserts were American huge--out of keeping with the feeling of the place. As it got busier (never full) It was a bit noisy, but not so noisy we couldn't have a conversation. Server knew about the food and was pleasant, but not polished. BYOB a definite plus.

• Visited April 2012

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Great food and attentive service at Melograno”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

On an unusually warm evening in March, my friend and I took an outside table at Melograno. It was the perfect first meal outside of the season. We had artichokes and a mixed plate of cheeses and cold cuts as an appetizer. Excellent! My friend had mussels as a main course. There were plenty of them and also delicious. My pasta dish was fresh and the pasta cooked just right. It's a BYOB, so the champagne we had brought along rounded out a very nice evening. Our server was from Bari, by the way. Great waiter. Would recommend.

• Visited March 2012
“Wonderful byob!”
Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

We went here to celebrate our daughters birthday. What a wonderful choice. The food was delicious. Our waiter, Marco, made the evening even more special. Highly recommend!

Philadelphia, PA
“BYOB Perfection. Pasta like Italy!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The newspaper's food critic was right to recoommend this small and cozy BYOB near Rittenhouse Square. We had a 5pm reservation on a Sunday and there were already folks seated when we arrive a touch after 5pm. As our meal went on, the place was filled to capacity. And it's easy to see why.

Our waiter was friendly, patient and helpful. He answered our questions, waited for us as we talked and looked over the menu and brought us more of that DELICIOUS bread.

The service was prompt and our food was served hot.

We had three appetizers for the table but the one I'll rave about here is the fried mozzerella. You have to start with that. My meal was just like a pasta dish I had in Montalcino, Italy. Pasta with pecorino and pepper. That's it. So simple, so fresh, so amazing. It was heaven. I finished my plate, as did the others in my party. And, we made room for dessert!

It's always great to have a wonderful meal without the wine tab.

Mangia!

• Visited February 2012
West Chester, PA
“A lively restaurant with good food overall”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Went on a busy weeknight. Servic food excellent and food very good with the exception of a somewhat overcooked porkchop. Regardless, I can certainly recommend it.

• Visited September 2011