“Wonderful atmosphere, food and hosts.”
Review of Bibou

Bibou
Reserve with OpenTable
Bibou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 4,519 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: Kimball
Transit: Septa buses
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Real nice french restaurant. The bottle of wine I brought felt like a $100 dollar bottle, the way they served it. Its small, so reservations have to be made way in advance, but well worth it.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Earlier this evening my wife and I dined at Bibou. We selected Bibou based on reading Tripadvisor reviews and because we were trying to add another valued restaurant to our lexicon of dining establishments. According to our count, Bibou only seats 28 and the tables are quite close to one another. Fortunately, we dined early and the restaurant was less than half full. My wife ordered the chilled cantaloupe soup and shared it with me. It was tasty, but not exceptional. Next, she ordered the shrimp with avocado appetizer. She said it was tasty, but had very few shrimp. I skipped over ordering an appetizer. Instead I ordered the hanger steak with a peppercorn sauce, with a side of fingerling potatoes and butternut squash puree. The portion size of steak was on the small size, while the peppercorn sauce was bland and watery. The fingerling potatoes were ok. The squash puree was quite tasty. The best part of our meal was dessert. My wife ordered the "floating" dessert, which she described as "to die for." I ordered the chocolate "fondant" dessert, which was a thickened mousse with brandied pear slices on top. My dessert was delicious. My wife and I agreed that we most likely will not return unless it is solely for Bibou's desserts.

2  Thank Philip H
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in the US. The food is often better and more inventive than places like Daniel or the French Laundry--obviously more simple, but fine--pheasants in wine sauce with puree of squash. There is really no place like it. The service is 3 star and the food is mind boggling. Consommes, morels with duck hearts, rouget in escabeche--this is real French food, at the highest level, and its cheap. If you get a reservation, you are lucky!!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

For me, this is the best restaurant in Philadelphia. Its down near the Italian Market in South Philly near 8th and Washington. There is a free public parking lot right next to the restaurant - making it very convenient. If you like French style cooking this is place to go. They have a small seasonal menu augmented with a variety of specials. Try the bone-marrow, gravlax, foie gras or the escargots - all excellent. If you like fish, they always have a dish or two and its always prepared perfectly - never over done. Its a nice BYOB with a very friendly staff and terrific owners - Pierre and Charlotte. We've been going since they opened and try to get there once a month. Now that Craig LeBan gave them a well deserved 4 bells its a little harder to get into.

1  Thank S_NJAdventurer
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Charlotte and Pierre create a warm environment to share wine and Pierre's fabulous food sense. Always exceeds expectations