“Reserve a romantic booth in the back ;-))”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Niskayuna, New York
“Reserve a romantic booth in the back ;-))”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The restaurant was a bit noisy in the front but when we requested something quieter, the waiter took us in the back. WOW!!! Gorgeous very private booths with couches with high backs made each table feel as if nobody else was around. Nice classy music and the stage was set for a special meal. And what a meal it was!!! We had the Chef's Four Course tasting menu with soup, appetizer, main course and dessert. Each course was truly delicious and SAVORED. This was a real dining experience and a truly memorable meal. The waiter was excellent and respected our wishes not to be rushed. It was such a special evening and we wanted to make it last as long as possible. Definitely 5 stars all the way!

• Visited February 2013

Hanover, Pennsylvania
“A Disappointmrent”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

It is really too bad that one event in a restaurant can really ruin the meal. The food was good, especially for the price, but the gentleman who seated us really copped an attitude and THAT turned out to be unfortunate. When we entered, the bar was very noisy. He said he was going to seat us in the bar and we declined. He then threw the menus back into their pile and marched off to prepare another table. He sat us on the other side of the bar - there were other rooms and other tables further away from the bar in this room. 13 gentlemen came in and were seated right next to us and you can imagine what that was like. I felt as if I was in the middle of their dinner. The tables were so close together a waitress stepped, and not gently, on my husband's foot which was parked under our table. We actually had reservations so it wasn't as if we were just walking in off the street. The place was nearly empty of dinners so the bar was busy - and our drinks took forever. We will not be back and I could not recommend Varalli's. Did I mention the TV was on in the bar and could be seen from our table. Not impressive!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sue F
Michigan
“Great location, Great Service, Disappointing Food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The location, atmosphere and service was great. The food was all around disappointing. I had the Lobster Raviolli - the pasta was not fresh, actually dry. If I did not know that it was supposed to be lobster - I would not have been able to tell. The topping was carmelized onions and way too many mushrooms. It tasted more like an earthy mushroom stew. My husband had the Seafood Risotto. He was told there would not be lobster in it (which may explain why my dish did not taste like lobster) but they would add extra shrimp and scallops. There was only one scallop so I am not sure how that was "extra" and there were two shrimp. I love mussels so I tasted his mussels and these were certainly not fresh. As an appetizer we split the bruschetta which had four different toppings - the toppings were good but the bread was over toasted which took away from the flavor of the toppings. I ended up scrapping off the toppings. WIth a bill of over $90 (one glass of wine for me and one sangria for my husband) we were very disaapointed. We visited the restaurant on a Sunday evening and it is possible that might explain why the food did not taste fresh.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JBBTraveler
Moorestown, New Jersey
“This place is now called Perch Pub”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

It is a great place to enjoy a drink and one of their specialty burgers. Mussels were awesome.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Rich R
New Jersey
“Really fantastic meal and evening!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Loved, loved, loved it! We had a wonderful server Michael who made us feel like we were in his home and he made us feel special. The food was wonderful and we didn't feel rushed as it was a very busy night. It was our friend's Birthday and they brought her dessert with a candle and sang Happy Birthday to her. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Visited January 2012