“A great place to celebrate a special occasion!”
Review of Vetri

Vetri
Reserve with OpenTable
Vetri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 13th Street
Transit: SEPTA routes C, 27, and 32 stop at Broad and Spruce Streets. SEPTA route 23 stops at 12th and Spruce Streets. PATCO High Speed Line stops at Broad and Locust Streets as well as SEPTA's Broad Street Line. Regional Rail stations are located at Market East (11th and Market) and Suburban Station (16th and JFK).
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A great place to celebrate a special occasion!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I chose this restaurant ahead of our recent visit to Philadelphia, hoping to have a reason to celebrate. It turned out that we did, and I can't think of a better place to celebrate. It is a tasting menu only, which the chef modifies to any special dietary restrictions. The list of dishes offered seemed endless - all very creative and delicious. We chose to go for the "grand wine pairing" - which added quite a bit to the culinary experience. Service was at the highest level - professional very knowledgeable. I can't wait to the next opportunity to dine there!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It's the service that’s the star!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My review is quite simple - it’s the service at Vetri not the food that makes it a great experience. Was it good? Yes. Would I go back? No. So, full disclosure, as my review is somewhat slanted – we were taken here by friends. I have never been a big fan of the Vetri restaurants. They are horribly overpriced for very small portions. Compound this with the fact that we just got back from a fabulous lunch at the Michelin Guide Star Restaurant Antic Corte Pallavicina in Emilia Romagna where Massimo Spigaroli and his brother Luciano operate an outstanding restaurant and farm. His tasting menu blows the pants off Vetri. And both brothers made it a point to visit our table during our lunch. Still looking for Marc.

2 Thank Bob E
Middletown
“SINFUL”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is the second time that my wife and I have been to Vetri and this time we took our daughter for her birthday and we were not disappointed. We arrived 15 minutes late due to traffic and apoligized for being late but they were very understanding. We had 6PM reservations. We were seated immediately and our server came with menus and asked if we would accept a glass of Prosecco and a some small taste compliments of the chef. He asked about food concerns and really paid attention to our concerns. I took the wine pairing and was truly blown away. Then the treats began, and I do mean treats. We all received different food as it is a tasting restaurant nad although I was willing to share mine (not really) but hoping they would agree so I could taste their food, but no luck. There was to be no sharing in this family. They never rush you and they give you enough time between courses, for the food to settle a little and for you to clean your palate for the next surprise. My wife and daughter are not experimental in tasting food, but at Vetri, there were no complaints. I cannot say enough good things about the dinner we had. I would give Vetri 10 stars if I could. Reservations are a must and don't be surprised if you have to wait a month or more, but it is well worth the wait and let the anticipation build.

Calgary, Canada
“Fun in Philadelphia!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant, all meals are Chef Choice and paired with either wonderful wines or delicious beer!! Enjoyed everything, the staff was terrific, food delicious...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SuzanneXO
Tauranga, New Zealand
“A great night”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Was lucky to get a table after a cancelation. Enjoyed the experience very much
Food was top notch with imaginative dishes done with real flair. Intimate setting great wine list great service. Would happily return.

• Visited November 2013