“Muy Excelente”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
King of Prussia
“Muy Excelente”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Five of us, all over fifty, went for a late breakfast. Three had egg dishes and one the desayuno criola (creole breakfast); I ordered the special cuban sandwich (ham, pork, cheese, mustard, and sausage on a roll) and tostones (fried plaintain chips). We also had the Columbian coffee and two split an orange-mango "shake" (that tasted like a semi-melted creamsicle on steroids, so thick that the straw in it stood up straight). Everyone was delighted with his or her meal, the size of the portions, the beverages, and the service. The menu is elaborate, though containing very few "gringo" meals. Parking across the street in the Rite Aid lot is permitted.

P.S. Realize that a 15% tip is embedded in the check; we were pleased enough to up that to 20%.

• Visited May 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A trip to another country”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went on a Friday evening with another couple. The decor is very nice, makes you feel that you are abroad. The staff is very attentive, although not perfectly fluent in English, but in my opinion this adds to the overall experience. The food was delicious, although too much starches for our taste. We all could have used more vegetables. We all would like to visit it again.

• Visited March 2013
Towson, Maryland, United States
“TIERRA COLOMBIANA WAS A JOY!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

YOU CANNOT FIND A BETTER COLOMBIAN RESTAURANT IN THE AREA, and that is a lot to say for a Colombian!

La Bandeja Tipica was just that, a typical smorgasbord of delicious food, that just about made me cry. It had been a while since I last ate Colombian food....the fruit batidos reminded me of my grandfather, as he and I would horseback ride to find the fruits for our milkshakes.

Colombian workers made me feel at home, and the only real question is when will I sneak out and return.

Visited February 2013
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“Good Portion! Great Happy Hour! Sketchy Location at Times”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. I've been here for dinner and happy hour.
Pros:

Good food and huge portions. Sweet plantains are good. I don't recommend buying them separately.

Clean bathroom.

Happy Hour
We've been there for happy hour a couple times. $5 drinks, Some appetizers are $5 and 3 empanadas for $5. You can choose between chicken, shirmp or beef. $3 domestic beer and $4 imported beer. 5pm to 7pm

Parking: street or right across the street at (CVS or Riteaid)

Cons:
Location is ok but it can be intimidating at times.

Overall, I highly recommend this place.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nil23
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Somethin' changed.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I used to like this place a lot. I don't know what it is but it seems like it is changing and it is not a good thing. I have been to this place many times, but the last few times the food hasn't been as great as it used to be. The shrimp rice was not well cooked, and the yellow rice was not as tasty. The fried yucas were horrible. I don't think I will go back, time to find a new place for authentic Hispanic food.

• Visited November 2012