“Freshest ingredients, great Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Porcini

Porcini
Reserve with OpenTable
Porcini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #438 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 21st
Toronto
“Freshest ingredients, great Italian food”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The food here was superb. The very freshest ingredients, and many aspects of the menu are home made e.g. the pasta. This is all reflective of genuine Italian cuisine. They are incredibly generous with bread, ricotta cheese and olive oil for the table. The ricotta tasted like it was home made! The noise level was very high, however, great atmosphere. As it is BYO the restaurant is reasonably good value. Very small and intimate setting. Owner and staff a little quirky - best to go along with it and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2014

wilmington, DE
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been to Porcini on many occasions. Each time we come we are greeted by the owner with a hug and kiss for my wife and a hardy handshake for me. We always feel like family whenever we go. The place is very small and cramped but the food more than makes up for the lack of room. The food is always fresh and cooked I to perfection. The co-owner chef also interviews other local chefs and puts it on their website. I found his interviews very informative and would recommend that you check them out. Definitely one of our favorite Italian restaurants in Philly.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank shelbysupersnake
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely rude”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had made a reservation but when we got there the owner entirely ignored us. When we eventually were able to get him and ask, he yelled at us and told us to "get the f*** out of my restaurant!" - which we did.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mark610
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Small restaurant with great service and delicious Italian food.”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you are at all claustrophobic, this may not be the place for you. The night we were there the place was full, seating about 35. It was noisy and crowded. However, what it lacks in space it makes up for in friendliness, terrific service, and truly delicious food. My husband and I shared the assagio, a combination of hot and cold appetizers - it consisted of 2 pieces of steak grilled to perfection, fried calamari that were lightly breaded, asparagus, Italian ham, and eggplant parm, In addition, the complimentary bread and ricotta in olive oil was amazing. One of our sons had the Cesar salad, which he said was delicious and it was a very generous portion. For dinner I had the chicken milanese - basically a breaded chicken cutlet - sounds boring right? Well it was the best chicken cutlet I have ever had. Tender enough to cut with a fork and covered in a lemon caper sauce. I was served three cutlets and ended up giving one to my husband because I was full - but it was simply amazing. It was also served with creamy mashed potatoes and broccoli. My husband had the tiger shrimp with pasta which was also a generous portion and he said was excellent. Our sons both had the cannelloni stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese. Neither of them are crazy about spinach, but they loved the cannelloni. We also ordered garlic bread which was perfectly toasted with generous amounts of garlic and cheese. I could not think about dessert, but the kids and my husband had cannoli and a puffed pastry, which looked fabulous. The service was top rate. The owner was accommodating to everyone. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. They even offered discounted parking at the parking lot directly across the street. To sum it up, if you are looking for a quiet restaurant with time for private conversation this may not be the place for you. But if you don't mind sitting close to your fellow patrons and want a great meal, you need to check this out.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank NVP102
WDC
“Tiny gem”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Place seats about 40 people and can get a little noisey, but the food and service are great. Definitely a Center City stop, and not far from beautiful Rittenhouse Square.

Visited July 2013