“Extremely rude”
Review of Porcini

Porcini
Reserve with OpenTable
Porcini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #504 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely rude”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had made a reservation but when we got there the owner entirely ignored us. When we eventually were able to get him and ask, he yelled at us and told us to "get the f*** out of my restaurant!" - which we did.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mark610

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Small restaurant with great service and delicious Italian food.”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you are at all claustrophobic, this may not be the place for you. The night we were there the place was full, seating about 35. It was noisy and crowded. However, what it lacks in space it makes up for in friendliness, terrific service, and truly delicious food. My husband and I shared the assagio, a combination of hot and cold appetizers - it consisted of 2 pieces of steak grilled to perfection, fried calamari that were lightly breaded, asparagus, Italian ham, and eggplant parm, In addition, the complimentary bread and ricotta in olive oil was amazing. One of our sons had the Cesar salad, which he said was delicious and it was a very generous portion. For dinner I had the chicken milanese - basically a breaded chicken cutlet - sounds boring right? Well it was the best chicken cutlet I have ever had. Tender enough to cut with a fork and covered in a lemon caper sauce. I was served three cutlets and ended up giving one to my husband because I was full - but it was simply amazing. It was also served with creamy mashed potatoes and broccoli. My husband had the tiger shrimp with pasta which was also a generous portion and he said was excellent. Our sons both had the cannelloni stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese. Neither of them are crazy about spinach, but they loved the cannelloni. We also ordered garlic bread which was perfectly toasted with generous amounts of garlic and cheese. I could not think about dessert, but the kids and my husband had cannoli and a puffed pastry, which looked fabulous. The service was top rate. The owner was accommodating to everyone. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. They even offered discounted parking at the parking lot directly across the street. To sum it up, if you are looking for a quiet restaurant with time for private conversation this may not be the place for you. But if you don't mind sitting close to your fellow patrons and want a great meal, you need to check this out.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank NVP102
WDC
“Tiny gem”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Place seats about 40 people and can get a little noisey, but the food and service are great. Definitely a Center City stop, and not far from beautiful Rittenhouse Square.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank rockwell121
Prospect Harbor, Maine
“The food's great, the welcome is warm, but bring your earplugs!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This small, initimate is the neighborhood Italian that everyone wants in her own backyard. The salads, pasta dishes, ans main courses range from what you want on Tuesday night when you are exhausted from too hard a workday to great special celebratory fare. Procini's problem is its noise level; all it takes is one loud party. The food's so good that I say, "Come anyway, but be prepared for a lot of noise."

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Toba64
Sarasota, Florida
“These bros cook and charm too”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I happened on Porcini when I was walking along Sansom Street. I was intrigued enough to come back for dinner. It's very small, not elegant at all, just a little restaurant run by two brothers. One is the chef. The other presides over the front of the house. That's the idea anyway. My experience was that the chef spent a great deal of time checking the front, which made it possible for me to go straight to the toque in negotiating variations on the menu. No problem at all. Every dish was really good, from starter to dessert. Yes, I was surprised and then delighted. The brothers keep up a steady banter that provides plenty of entertainment. The night I was there I got the last of about 10 tables and soon a line formed. It's BYOB, by the way, but there is a reasonably good state liquor store around the corner where you can get what you need. Check this place out. Call ahead.

Visited May 2013