“Great food”

Neighborhood: City Center East
Flintstone, Georgia
“Great food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here because it was the first place I walked past that was still open after walking around Philadelphia and I'm glad I did. I've had Pat's and Geno's cheesesteak's, but I actually preferred this place cheesesteak. It was great. Great flavor and nice bread. Had a slice of pizza too and it was very tasty.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good delivery pizza in the city”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to veg out at our hotel room
And get delivery. The food was your average pizza shop, maybe a little better. Might be better of eating at the actual resta

Barcelona, Spain
“My Friday night lover :)”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Religiously, whether Fri or Sat, or both at times, this pizza has eased hangovers or fulled empty bellies with delish zza and cheese fries. The sicilian is my favourite. Thank you, guys.

• Visited December 2011
Rochester, New York
“Good food but salty!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We had great pizza (meatball, sausage and mushrooms) and lovely salads, but the chicken wings definitely were not New York-style, and we both found ourselves very thirsty for the following 24 hours. Friendly employees made it easy to special order.

Visited January 2012
Chicago
“Best pizza in 25 years!”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Twenty five years ago I left Philly but came in for a visit. We met a guy on the Visitor Center lawn who recommended Gianfranco as the "best pizza in the world." That's a pretty bold statement, so we walked a couple blocks, turned the corner and found this small, hole in the wall establishment that had just 3 tables. So we turned right around, and were staring at other places we could eat when a real nice girl who happened to be a Betsy Ross House tour guide saw us looking all touristy and stopped to ask us if we were looking for a place to eat. We told her we wanted pizza and she said the best place was right in front of us - Gianfranco's.

So we went in and ordered a few slices and a couple sodas. Wow, it really took me back 25 years ago. The pizza was everything that Philly pizza should be. I wish we were staying longer because we'd definintely go back for more.

If you're looking for a comfortable place to sit, go elsewhere. If you're looking for authentic Philly pizza that will leave you wanting more, go here.

Visited July 2011