“A little pricey, but excellent”
Review of Spasso

Spasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Spasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 4,459 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between Chestnut & Market Streets
Transit: Train And Bus Stops 2nd & Market Street 1 1/2 Blocks Away.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I came upon this place by accident on any early Saturday night, I had the goat cheese and walnut salad, It came, perfectly dressed. My husband had the gorgonzola salad, also an excellent salad. I had the veal with crab. Tender veal with fresh spinach and chucks of lump crab all over. Excellent dish. My husband had the special pan seared scallops with lump crab and over homemade spinach fetteccini with a light tomato blush sauce, $28 but well worth it he said. I also need to mention that the portions were a good size. We definitely will be back.

1  Thank Jeannie D

Reviewed October 19, 2013

great italian food and great atmosphere. I had the best eggplant parm ever and my husband's meal was just as good. The wait staff were very attentive and worked together to make our meal memorable. They have outdoor dining but we opted to eat inside.The restaurant is very close to Penn's Landing and within walking distance of the Hyatt.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

After many visits I have finally got round to writing a review if this place!

Food is excellent, I usually have their steak or chicken, both cooked to perfection, in the case of the steak , I like mine very well done, they have never disappointed!

My visits have usually been either on my own when I just want a quick bite to eat, or with a group of Friends for a proper sit down meal where we can spend several hours eating, drinking and relaxing... The service is excellent no matter....

One word of advice, never order the profiteroles unless you are prepared to eat them all! The dish is huge!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The restaurant was nearly empty late on a Sunday so we were a bit apprehensive. What a wonderful meal! The service was impeccable, the price was quite reasonable and the food delicious! We had the special braciole and used just our fork to cut the tender beef, the veal saltimbocca was perfect, chicken parm plentiful for my big appetite hubby. We'd definitely return for another meal.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had the pleasure of eating here twice. Spasso was a five minute stroll from our hotel through very historic neighborhoods. My dinner companion had chicken parmesan on both visits. I had penne in cream sauce the first time. On my second visit I had a creation of penne pasta (I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the dish) that was delicious. Sadly, it was full of dried tomatoes so there was some discomfort later. But, that's my problem.

The folks who work here are from many different European countries which only adds to the ambience. Iste, was our favorite server. Such a sweet lady. And Sal, who made sure our drinks were always full, was a delight.

Would that there was such a restaurant as this back home in New Mexico. We would eat there every day.