“Reliable, Dependable Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spasso

Spasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Spasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between Chestnut & Market Streets
Transit: Train And Bus Stops 2nd & Market Street 1 1/2 Blocks Away.
Ringoes, New Jersey
“Reliable, Dependable Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went there last night with my family; a party of 6 adults. My sister loved the Blood Orange Martini that she had in the bar before dinner! She talked about it all night. Everything was very good. Three of us had the Saturday night special which was a grilled pork chop stuffed with spinach and gorgonzola cheese. The chop was a good size and the meat was very tender. The salads and the mussels in red sauce were also very tasty. My husband had the linguini with shrimp and crab. The sauce and seafood were very good but he felt that the pasta was a little overcooked. That was the only complaint with an otherwise very good experience. The service was excellent!

• Visited August 2013

“Neat Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by one of the locals. The atmosphere was good, food was even better.
Caesar salad was one of the best I've had. Fettuccini pomodoro was great, and chicken fontina made my husband very happy!!
Will visit again for sure!

• Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Perfect Place if you like Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We finally made it to Spasso's after being asked by friends who rave about it. They were right...everything was delicious. My husband had the chicken parm and it was gone quickly (and the portions here are large!) I had a pasta dish that I could only eat half of but was sure to bring the rest home...and I never do that. Yum! The drinks were very good, and I couldn't believe the size of the salads. Definitely make reservations if you plan to go as it was crowded. We had dessert (the tiramisu is awesome) and then walked off some of the calories at Penn's Landing. Would definitely eat there again :)

• Visited July 2013
Mankato, Minnesota
“Good Italian, fresh pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel highly recommended this place. Even though we weren't looking for high end Italian food for a family meal, the recommendation from the hotel drove us to this place. The food was very good, which it should be considering the prices, and it had a nice atmosphere. If looking for good Italian with fresh homemade pasta, I would recommend this place. I struggle to give it 5 stars considering what what we paid. Our experience was very good, just not great.

Visited July 2013
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Date spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The atmosphere was what originally caught my eye in Spasso. It's not a large space (at least not in the front, there is a larger banquet-esque space in back) with some outdoor seating. My boyfriend decided on this place after reading a few travel guides and with the advice of a friend of mine.

They have an extensive wine list, along with plenty of other italian beverages, Perino for example.

The menu items are listed in italian and described in english. I was glad to flex my italian skills at this point.

My boyfriend and I were starving, as it was nearing 9 o'clock. We ordered the Bruschetta and the Aranchini. Before our apps arrived we were given bread with olive oil and an amazing mix of vegetables to top it with. If I would have known that was coming we could have skipped the bruschetta. It was so good! Both appetizers came out relatively quickly, and they were warm and delicious as well. The bruschetta topping was so flavorful!

We both ordered pasta as our main dish. Mine was the Penne Spasso with mushrooms, bacon, peas in a cream sauce. Both our dishes were large and very filling. We should have shared.

Although we were both too stuffed to eat any dessert, the table behind us bought a sampler of desserts and overheard that the cannoli's were amazing. I'm regretting not getting any right now.

Our bill was under $70 for 2 apps, 2 meals, and 2 drinks. Loved it!!!

• Visited July 2013