“Perfect Place if you like Italian Food”
Review of Spasso

Spasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Spasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 4,631 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between Chestnut & Market Streets
Transit: Train And Bus Stops 2nd & Market Street 1 1/2 Blocks Away.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We finally made it to Spasso's after being asked by friends who rave about it. They were right...everything was delicious. My husband had the chicken parm and it was gone quickly (and the portions here are large!) I had a pasta dish that I could only eat half of but was sure to bring the rest home...and I never do that. Yum! The drinks were very good, and I couldn't believe the size of the salads. Definitely make reservations if you plan to go as it was crowded. We had dessert (the tiramisu is awesome) and then walked off some of the calories at Penn's Landing. Would definitely eat there again :)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our hotel highly recommended this place. Even though we weren't looking for high end Italian food for a family meal, the recommendation from the hotel drove us to this place. The food was very good, which it should be considering the prices, and it had a nice atmosphere. If looking for good Italian with fresh homemade pasta, I would recommend this place. I struggle to give it 5 stars considering what what we paid. Our experience was very good, just not great.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The atmosphere was what originally caught my eye in Spasso. It's not a large space (at least not in the front, there is a larger banquet-esque space in back) with some outdoor seating. My boyfriend decided on this place after reading a few travel guides and with the advice of a friend of mine.

They have an extensive wine list, along with plenty of other italian beverages, Perino for example.

The menu items are listed in italian and described in english. I was glad to flex my italian skills at this point.

My boyfriend and I were starving, as it was nearing 9 o'clock. We ordered the Bruschetta and the Aranchini. Before our apps arrived we were given bread with olive oil and an amazing mix of vegetables to top it with. If I would have known that was coming we could have skipped the bruschetta. It was so good! Both appetizers came out relatively quickly, and they were warm and delicious as well. The bruschetta topping was so flavorful!

We both ordered pasta as our main dish. Mine was the Penne Spasso with mushrooms, bacon, peas in a cream sauce. Both our dishes were large and very filling. We should have shared.

Although we were both too stuffed to eat any dessert, the table behind us bought a sampler of desserts and overheard that the cannoli's were amazing. I'm regretting not getting any right now.

Our bill was under $70 for 2 apps, 2 meals, and 2 drinks. Loved it!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great steak and pasta - would recomend this to anyone who loves authentic italian. Not the best location in the world, but easy to walk to from our hotel.

The appetiser menu could have been a little more extensive, but otherwise very good!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Good service, caters to what the customer wants. Would say this is more upscale and not as kid-friendly as other Italian spots. Excellent Gnocchi w/ Pesto Cream Sauce! Also treated ourselves to Tiramisu which was excellent! Pricey but good value for quality food. Would go back