“Interesting Flavors - Wonderful!!”
Review of Spasso

Spasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Spasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 4,388 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between Chestnut & Market Streets
Transit: Train And Bus Stops 2nd & Market Street 1 1/2 Blocks Away.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Interesting Flavors - Wonderful!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have traveled to Italy many times and the food there is the best I have ever tasted. Spasso comes very close to being in Italy! The grilled calamari appetizer are outstanding and prepared exceptionally well. They are a MUST have item on the menu. The arugula salad is a generous portion with slices of authentic Parmesan Cheese on top - excellent! For an entree, I had the papardella with fungi (mushrooms) - it was cooked al dente to perfection and the flavors were as good as I have tasted in Rome. If you are having red wine by the glass I highly recommend the Montepulciano d'Abbruzzio - it is full bodied and glows!!
I love this restaurant. This was my third time here and it just keeps getting better. The flavors of the food stay with you in the best possible way!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank TravelingSoulMan

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Some good, some bad.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We visited on Christmas eve and expected a delicious meal due to great reviews. Two of us ordered linguine with clam sauce and it was mediocre at best. The kids ordered lasagne and liked it. My daughter did like her penne romana. So I guess just the adults were unhappy. The dessert was an authentic Italian treat. Not planning to go back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Citygirl2302
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I booked reservations through Open Table when I reserved my hotel and paid my entry fee to the Philly marathon. Mapquest said it was less than a mile from our hotel. It was almost 1.5 miles....no fault of the restaurant....

It was a bit unnerving because it was very busy, and bustling with a great crowd. I was jittery because of pre-race nerves, so I felt a bit overwhelmed at the large wine list (that I couldn't order from) and I didn't want to make a special request for plain old spaghetti and meatballs. Their menu was filled with all kinds of scrumptious things, much with seafood, so I had to pass.

I found chicken parmigiana, and it was a huge piece of chicken served with a side of spaghetti....from scratch. Oh. So. Good! I finished my carb loading session with a piece of tiramisu that was to die for!

I hope to come back here if I find myself in Philly again!

Lake George, New York
“Great find ,service and food”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Take the time to savor the ambience, service and food of this great Italian dining experience. Casual, busy , noisy,friendly old authentic joint that will be worth the trip and time. Try the antipastoand by all means the wonderful wine list. All from Italy.

• Visited November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food delicious!!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

If you come to Philly and don't eat here, you made a mistake. Killer food, great atmosphere, great staff. We had happy bellies after dining here.

• Visited November 2012