“Modern Elegance”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 4,341 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th on Chestnut
New Jersey
“Modern Elegance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had dinner here on a Friday night. We came early and had drinks at the bar. Bar is not large but drinks were good except for the beer selection.Were seated on time and started with the chicken and ginger dumplings. They were delicious but portions are small so I would not recommend sharting. For my entree I had the Dungeness crab and Sticky rice. It was delicious! Everything was perfectly cooked and service was excellent. The crowd that night was a young urban upscale crowd. Dress to impress. This is not sutible for young children. The restaurant is beautiful and tastefully decorated. I will defenitley be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Colleen G

POS
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Visited there while sightseeing in Old City. Lunch was fabulous, especially the crab fried rice, which was served in a real crab shell.

• Visited May 2014
“Perfect for Date Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Best fish (Chilean Sea Bass) I have ever had, bar none! Cooked to perfection. Waitress suggested one of their cocktails called a 'Jade'. It had gin, cucumber flavor, melon and other indredients. I said I was not a big fan of gin. She said if I did not like it I did not have to pay for it and I could get something else. Needless to say I paid for the drink and tipped generously. Nirvana in a cocktail glass!

• Visited November 2013
“Really, Really Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Buddakan calls their food "modern Asian." I would add really, really good modern Asian. My wife and I wanted a nice dinner in Philadelphia to switch from all of the Philly steak sandwiches. Buddakan delivered. The pad Thai, pepper steak, and curry cauliflower were all excellent. Our server was happy, helpful and efficient. The decor was modern with one giant Budda overlooking the scene. It doesn't look like a temple, it's tailored. Go here for dinner. You won't be disappointed.

Waldwick, New Jersey
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We have eaten at the Buddakan in Atlantic City before. Our daughter made reservations for us to eat here our first night in Philly. The food is fantastic. The waiter was excellent. His recommendations were right on on. We had edamame dumplings and spicy rock shrimp as appetizers. We had Sizzling short ribs and barbeque pork as our entrees. The waiter recommended a rice dish to go along with the entrees. We had Korean beef fried rice. My mouth is watering just writing this review. Another thing that impressed me about the restaurant was that the manager came around and asked our opinions. He was a regular guy who enjoyed kidding around. We are always impressed when a manager comes around and the restaurant values your opinion. A great place to eat.

Visited May 2014