“Lick my plate yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th on Chestnut
“Lick my plate yummy”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

beautiful surroundings, lively atmosphere and the best fish I have EVER devoured. The prices were reasonable except the cost of an average bottle of wine was outrageous. I will return!!

• Visited February 2014

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I have been waiting to try this place for quite sometime. It's is AMAZING. We had a wonderful sake as well as Sea Bass that really could melt in your mouth and the Shrimp Lo Mein that I thought was good I just don't like salt and it was cooked in soy sauce I think. Our server was great and the ambience is quite lovely. Definatley suggest everybody you try this place.

“Consistent excellence”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

There aren't a lot of places where I feel like I can't be let down, but Buddakan is one of them. The dishes are excellent and work best with a group of at least 3 so you can share family-style. It is probably my favorite restaurant in Philly and I bring people here often. It can be loud-ish, not unreasonably so, but loud enough that it isn't ideal for business. It is a great choice for a small group of friends though. Leave the kids at home - they won't have company.

• Visited March 2014
“Not impressed”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We heard a lot of really great things about this place so we gave it a try for New Year's Eve. I don't understand what all the hype is about. The food was just ok and it was way overpriced. There are some places that are worth the price hike. For me, this is not one of them. They asked us to move at the end of our meal while we were deciding on dessert because they had a big party coming in. We didn't appreciate that at all. I, personally, would not return here.

• Visited January 2014
“one of my favs”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love chinese food but won't eat it from take out places. Buddakan is Pan-Asain so I get to eat food I love in a excellent restaurant.

• Visited February 2014