“Wonderful”
Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th on Chestnut
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went for lunch during restaurant week. Terrific menu selection, great atmosphere, attentive service. Love the waterfall wall! The crying chocolate is a MUST! Loved everything. Will be back

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Just so so”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Maybe I went on a bad day. The food was good but nothing exceptional. I cannot say the waitress was rude but I can't say she was nice either, disinterested would be the best word I can come up with. No one smiled, I don't know if that is their thing or not. All in all I'm glad I went just to scratch it off my list but I can't imagine why I would go back. It is a pretty restaurant, the giant Buddha was impressive, but truthfully I've had more flavorful food at one of the food trucks.

Flagler Beach, Florida, United States
“lives up to it's reputation.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

the restaurant is beautiful, the food was fabulous, the service was better than excellent. the tuna tartare spring rolls were amazing --- I almost ordered another one for dessert! everything we had was delicious. the prices are high, but worth every penny. I can't wait to go back....

Geneva, Switzerland
“Great food, eclectic.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Called in without a reservation on Friday night. We were offered a table in 30-45 minutes or a seat at the bar. We took the bar option upstairs (better seating than downstairs). We were very well taken care of by the bartender who delivered our wine order swiftly. Starters of crispy duck buns and wagyu beef satay were both delicious. Miso black cod and black pepper beef mains were also good but the beef really stood out. Everything about it was excellent. The cod was good but I've had better. The restaurant was very busy and lively which made for a very enjoyable evening and the location was perfect for the historic part of Philadelphia where we were staying.

USA
“Relax and enjoy the atmosphere and food”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Buddakan Restaurant is walking distance to the Independence Park tours. I ate my lunch before my Independence Park tours. I did not have a reservation but I was seated quickly. This is not a fast food burger or hot dog restaurant so relax and enjoy the atmosphere and the food. I ordered the Bento box—Miso soup, Garlic Shrimp, Char Siu Pork Bun. My beverage is a non-alcohol Mango Flavored Lemonade (Ask for a sample).

Will return when in Philadelphia again.

• Visited August 2013