“Great food, eclectic.”
Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 4,610 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th on Chestnut
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Called in without a reservation on Friday night. We were offered a table in 30-45 minutes or a seat at the bar. We took the bar option upstairs (better seating than downstairs). We were very well taken care of by the bartender who delivered our wine order swiftly. Starters of crispy duck buns and wagyu beef satay were both delicious. Miso black cod and black pepper beef mains were also good but the beef really stood out. Everything about it was excellent. The cod was good but I've had better. The restaurant was very busy and lively which made for a very enjoyable evening and the location was perfect for the historic part of Philadelphia where we were staying.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Buddakan Restaurant is walking distance to the Independence Park tours. I ate my lunch before my Independence Park tours. I did not have a reservation but I was seated quickly. This is not a fast food burger or hot dog restaurant so relax and enjoy the atmosphere and the food. I ordered the Bento box—Miso soup, Garlic Shrimp, Char Siu Pork Bun. My beverage is a non-alcohol Mango Flavored Lemonade (Ask for a sample).

Will return when in Philadelphia again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Promised my children an evening at this restaurant while visiting Philadelphia and wow! Flavors and variety beyond description! Philly has some great eating establishments but this place dazzles. A bit loud at times but the food from starters to deserts was delicious. I only wish I could give credit due to our waiter by name. He was excellent and the frosting on the cake with great suggestions and a few extra pistachio macaroon cookies to top things off. 5 stars! Bravo

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

When in Philadelphia this is a must eat at restaurant. There were 3 of us for lunch. We each had the bento lunch and we each ordered different choices from the menu. There was not a single complaint. We all thought out choices tasted great. Service was attentive without being overbearing. The price was reasonable. The location was awesome so we could walk to historical sites after eating.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner based on the reviews. We ordered the edamame dumplings and the calamari salad. Tasty but not the best, our faborite was the korean fried rice, spicy but very good. Nice atmosphere and great service!