“Awesome”
Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th on Chestnut
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is my wife's favorite spot to eat in the city. The food is always amazing and the drinks the concoct are very good too. The service has always been good and the food quality is high. The price of the food is not that expensive for being a main attraction in the city. We enjoy going here as a couple or with friends, either way, we always leave happy.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great food, Nice athmosphere, good quality service.! shared a dinner with the friends and enjoyed all served to the table. everything was delicious. worth to pay!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had dinner with a couple that we hadn't seen in a long time and it was the perfect atmosphere. Plenty of room between tables, which were placed so that you had more of a "private" dining experience with pleasant conversation and low noise level. One of the people had some dietary restrictions and the menu provided excellent choices. If there was a concern, they nicely accommodated his needs. The decor was impressive with the low lighting and giant Buddha. The service was attentive, professional and not rushed. The menu choices were plentiful, so we all shared an appetizer and an entrée. The portions were perfect. I had the sea bass, which was the best I've ever tasted, all the other entrées were delicious as well as the appetizers. I especially liked the tuna tartar rolls. We ordered the Bento Box for dessert and it was amazing, perfect for sharing. We were all very please with the overall experience. Buddakan is now one of my favorite Philadelphia restaurants!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love the decor of Buddakan.However, food was spicey. They are slow to bring water. Plus, I had a GI problem as result of the food there. Good dumplings. Donuts are the best around.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just had dinner at Buddakan for our anniversary. The atmosphere was lovely. It was the middle of restaurant week so we couldn't get a reservation before 6pm, but I understand that completely. They were still reasonably busy at 530 when we got there. Two of us had the restaurant week menu (slightly smaller portions) and two ordered from the regular menu. There were a ton of choices on the menu, almost too many! I had the sea bass. The flavor was really good. The fish was cooked perfectly but unfortunately was cold by the time it got to me. We all got desserts which were both creative and yummy. My friend remarked that it has been a while since we ate at a place where the dessert stood up to the rest of the menu! This is high praise, I assure you. Our bill was $270 with tax for 4 people (at least one alcoholic drink each). About what I would have expected. The only thing keeping me from giving this 5 stars was the fact that the waiter almost dumped utensils or something from the plate on me in 3 separate instances while clearing our dishes. That can be fixed easily by not trying to clear an entire table of dishes (for 4) in one pass.