“Yum”
Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th on Chestnut
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Flavorful, eclectic Asian fusion restaurant. Went with friends and we ate "tapas style" (ie piacked off each other's plates). Biggest surprise for me were the drinks. We had martinis that were unbelievable-so unigue and creative (and I thought I 'hated" martinis). My friend had one made with lime and cilantro (!), mine was citrus--refreshing and not corn-syrupy sweet. EVERYTHING was delicious. Biggest surprise-wasabi mashed potatoes. Many unique combinations. This is why I like to dine out--to eat things that are so much of a pain I would never make them myself OR so creative that I never would have thought of them myself. This ticks both boxes. I will be back.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great Asian fusion food! I was most impressed by the ambience. Though the temperature was a bit on the chilly side, my date and I enjoyed the prompt and curteous service.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The only problem here is parking--they have valet parking but it is $$$. We've lot their fish dishes and the caesar salad with walnuts is fabulous. The sangria is delicious--it tastes like fruit punch.The only disappointment we've experienced is the desserts.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went to Buddakan for our anniversary dinner. Not only was the food fabulous -but the staff was friendly and knowledgeable, the food and drinks were prompt, but we never felt rushed, and we left full. The best part was that they brought us a surprise anniversary dessert, on the house. Too sweet. The atmosphere is romantic and exquisite! If you love asian food and you haven't tried it yet - PLEASE go check it out. Amazing.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food here is fabulous. The atmosphere vibrant. It can be noisy. Definately worth the price and the lunch menu is fairly reasonably priced considering the portions, uniqueness,..