“Refreshing!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Well this restaurant was pleasing from start to finish! My wife and I was looking for somewhere to have what we would consider home cooked Soul food so decided to eat here. We arrived to be seated immediately by a very polite Hostess at a suitable table by the open wall. Our server was not far behind and was very helpful in explaining the menu as it was our first time dining there. Without getting into a lot of details I will just say that we thoroughly enjoyed our meals, the atmosphere and the experience. This place is a must for anyone visiting Philadelphia and looking for a Soul Food restaurant. We will for sure be going back for another taste!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The atmosphere in this RESTAURANT IS RELAXING AND EXILARATING AT THE SAME TIME. Love is the primary ingredient in these delectable menu items and those drinks ......OOOOOLAAAALAAA. My granddaughter celebrated her17th birthday with 19 CAPA AND ELEONE DANCE friends. You know teens are our greatest CRITICS.........they were ELATED by the service and special attention they felt. . I'VE dined alone at the bar I never felt alone ROBBIE at the bar is very entertaining with great conversation.....KEVIN PARKER should be commended on assembling a great staff. GO YOU WILL ENJOY!!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Customer service is paramount, love is the primary ingredient in the preparation of food, and joy is what you feel in every bite. Just say oooolala after every sip of those luscious drinks. Visit or you will miss the experience of a lifetime.

1  Thank ladyte
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ive been here more than 5 times. The portion size is great, but food is ok. Either way it is way overpriced. Great ambiance was great for a date. The staff could be a lot more attenentive to your dining needs. To be such a chic place its quite embarassing when your waiter/waitress shoves dinner napkins or door stops under the table leg so that the table no longer wobbles.

Will I return for the lobster mac and cheese...yes (even though its described as cheesey mac which it is not).

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was here with a friend August 2013. While the food was excellent, the enviroment was even better. Very chic and savvy for a small place. All the servers wore white and were polite and attentive. The very eclectic scenaery was not a bad touch, with the walls being white and resenblence of a leather couch cushions. I had a drink called somehting like " for GROWN UPS". And that drink I must say had be giggling like a 21 year old on my first round, lolol- Just pleasant! I was equally pleased with the fried chicken, greens and mac & cheese. The jelly/butter for the cornbread was super good as well. My only complaint was the chicken had hairy tips :(. So they def need to clean and present that dish better. Overall, it was a satifying meal, and not very expensive. I would certainly revisit this restaurant again in the future!!