“I'LL B BACK (and I won't be alone)!!”

Ms. Tootsie's Restaurant Bar Lounge
Ranked #1,066 of 4,388 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I'LL B BACK (and I won't be alone)!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Boy did I luck up.........I managed to treat my Mother, Sister and a friend from work during a promotion time and I must tell you the food was to die for....and I'm talking about for an 80+ year older! The restaurant is fabulous, service was only to helpful and to think I didn't do the cooking myself, OMG!!...... I've invited others (16 confirmed) to join me again today!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Sold on this Soul Food!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. I had the smothered chops, candied yams and collard greens and it all was delicious. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. The ambiance and service was excellent. I wished I could bring the restaurant home with me. It will be my first destination for dinner the next time I'm in Philly.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I love everything on the menu....”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

But my favorite is fried talipia or is it the turkey wings...ok the catfish fingers....or maybe the chicken and waffles....all I know as long as I get to wash it down with that delicious sweet tea, its all so so good! The atomsphere is sexy and the food is delicious, what more can you ask...make sure you make reservations, this place stays packed!

• Visited May 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“service and food was delicious”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Reminded me of home...Chicago. food was delicious...service was wonderful. Exceeded my expectations. Cant wait to go again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It Just Gets Better With Time”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for over a 10 year period. we were on a day trip to Phillie and never miss the chance to eat at Ms. Tootsie's. We had about a 45 minute wait before we were seated. We sat in the love lounge where there are only tables for two. The server came right over and told us that she overheard that we wanted the fruity sweet iced tea and had already put that order in. She then took our food order promptly, brought over the cornbread muffins, which I didn't remember being as good before . We ordered the fried catfish,macaroni and cheese and corn, okra and tomato medley. The catfish melted in our mouth, the macaroni and cheese was nice and buttery and the okra medley was nicely seasoned. The portion sizes were large, which I can always get two meals out of it. They have done extensive remodeling and the place is very swank and classy. It never disappoints, only gets better and better. I got a groupon for my next visit to Phillie.

• Visited June 2013