“Very impressive!”
Review of Morimoto

Morimoto
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 7th & 8th on Chestnut Street
Transit: Route 47 bus – Chestnut Street stop.
MA, USA
“Very impressive!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited with an international group including folks from Europe and Asia and all were extremely impressed! The waiters were thoroughly knowledgeable and helpful with selection of food and sake. The sushi quality and artistic presentation, and the selection of sakes were absolutely the most impressive I've ever experienced. Very cool atmosphere as well. The lighting is subtle and entertaining, and the ceiling of bamboo waves is beautiful. Not cheap, but well worth it for the amazing experience.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Naples, Florida
“Resulting stomach cramps do not bode well.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Its almost sad to have to mark this as a terrible experience but resulting stomach cramps for the two of us leaves us no choice. The restaurant itself is attractive, the servers attentive and the food presents well. However when the food quality or the sanitation practices of a restaurant do not match its glitz...its a very slippery road! I actually wrote a polite email to the management relating our experience but they did not even respond. Strike 2!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank RaiDoc
Longwood, Florida, United States
“Best experience ever!!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

As a foodie, I have been dreaming of coming here since it opened. I just never had a real excuse to visit Philadelphia...

I booked a reservation on Open Table and was able to get a table for that night. We walked to the location and I was so excited to see the sign, I couldn't help but take a few selfies and post them on Facebook (geek).

The interior is very pretty and innovative. My husband and I spent some time trying to figure out the lighting technique they used for the walls.

The hostess was very nice and took our coats. She escorted us to a small table for two on the side of the restaurant.

We chose to go all out and get the highest Omakase menu, which was 12 or 13 courses. We were most impressed with the starting tuna tartare, the Kobe beef, and the scallop in the foaming shell (compliment of the Maitre'd). The salmon roe was the best I had ever tasted and everything was beautifully presented.

The Maitre'd came over to our table and spoke with us for a while. I appreciated his interaction.

I ordered several of the house martinis, which were delicious, but my husband ordered the Hazelnut Morimoto beer that was out of this world! I asked to keep the bottle and they obliged me with a bag to carry it (geek again).

This was my most fantastic meal, ever! Morimoto is a celebrity to me, and I totally had a fan moment. Dream come true!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lisa F
Rutherford, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This restaurant is so cool! Very unassuming from the outside, with just a small sign, but step inside and it's a whole different story. The place is large, and it was packed, totally cool with color changing "furniture" but somehow it still manages to be cozy and not at all stuffy! The food was great and the service outstanding. unlike the rest of our table, I don't eat raw food, but there were plenty of cooked options for me to enjoy! Everyone else LOVED all the sushi and sashimi. We will definitely go again!

• Visited November 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“More impressive than you expected”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I tried the $80 - 8 course tasting menu and was truly impressed. The food was perfect and service was professional. I sat at sushi bar and enjoyed watching the food production and got to see all the plates coming out of the kitchen. For the quality and price I feel it was not overpriced but a value.

• Visited November 2013