“Sushi??? YES, Please!!!!”
Review of Morimoto

Morimoto
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 7th & 8th on Chestnut Street
Transit: Route 47 bus – Chestnut Street stop.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was one of the best sushi experiences I have ever had in my life! This place had amazing service, amazing food, and amazing atmosphere! We made our dinner last about 3 or 4 hours and I couldn't have been happier! Kudos to Morimoto Philly!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Yes, as everybody says… this place is the best of Iron Chef Masaharu Morimonto… Eleven years and still the best.
For our experience, we selected the Tasting menu with higher end than the one listed, paired with Sake. Every single dish served was superb in presentation and taste. They use the freshest ingredients available.
Service was excellent, the waitress was knowledgeable and well-prepared to answer any question, beside, being very accommodating to exchange two of the dishes, although it was chef-preselected menu.
It is a wonderful experience that met our expectation.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Beautiful decor, intimate dining, great food preparation, presentation and service. Be sure to explore the kaiseki style offerings on the menu. Sake list unfortunately was greatly out of reach. While some may not worry about a 10oz bottle for $80-$299, it would have been nice to have a few more affordable offerings. At least there are some affordable Japanese beer offerings. Memorable dishes - Foie Gras with cripsy rice, pickled cherries and mustard greens. Ishi Yaki Bop created at the table using a Hot River stonebowl - king yellow tail (seared on the inside edge of the bowl) seaweed, fronds and chicken egg stirred in with the rice. Outstanding Yosedofu - tofu made at the table and served with crab ankake.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The best part of the meal in my opinion was the sushi. If I had to do it all over again, I would have stuck with the sushi and not had the cooked food. The quality of the fish was excellent. My cooked food was like a bouliabase, so it continued to cook while I ate it which made the shrimp tough and the crab legs mushy. Others in our party had the beef dish and thought it was outstanding. The drinks were great and their sake selection is very nice. I would go back (and have the sushi!).

Reviewed September 11, 2012

For my birthday, my wife and I decided to bring the family back to Morimoto. We brought our young daughter who was so excited to step in The restaurant. She sampled the Morimoto tempura and seemed happy. Her entertainment consist of watching the fresh tofu (Yosedofu) prepared delicately on our table. The cold green udon noddle (Cha-soba) was tasty, but nothing special.
Ishi-yaki Buri-bop is like a Korean style dish with slices of yellow tail cooked along the sides of the hot stone. This is very good and we enjoyed it.
We had a sushi/sahimi Omakase dinner worth $150. It consists of 48 pieces of sushi and sashimi combined, plus 16 pcs. of rolls.
It was not as impressive as when Chef M used to be in Philly all the time. All sashimi pieces were just fine except for one that has a distinct odor.
I also sampled the Morimoto Hazlenut beer which was fine, but was charged $1.50 on top of the full bottle price of $16.
Overall, I would prefer going to a tiny Japanese place tucked in collingswood, NJ across the river for their consistent fresh sushi/sashimi.

1  Thank MeadowsValleyForge