“Half good, half bad”

Morning Glory
Ranked #191 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
“Half good, half bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I decided to try the Morning Glory after driving by about a million times over the years. The place is very small and not at all fancy in any way. There were only a few other customers on a rainy weekday morning. I was seated right away and ordered pan cakes and eggs. The pancakes came out quickly and were still smoking. They had a decent taste and I finished them off quickly. The eggs came and they too were smoking hot. It was a pleasure to actually receive food that was still hot when it arrived. The eggs looked great and I asked for some ketchup. That was their downfall. It seems that they make their own ketchup here as it comes in some sort of wine bottle. I wish they would have mentioned this when I asked for ketchup. I wish they would have offered Heinz or their own, and given me the choice. I hated their ketchup! It destroyed my eggs to the point I couldn't finish them. This spoiled a good breakfast.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Trip117

“Nice breakfast spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Morning Glory is located on the corner of Fitzwater and 10th street. Get there before 9am for breakfast on weekends, if not you will be waiting 30 mins to sit down and people wait for it. They have great frittatas and breakfast burritos.

Visited January 2013
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Amazing pancakes / waffles here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently visited friends in Philly and my buddy told me about this place and how good it was. He wasn't wrong. It was so good in fact that we ate here twice. Once for lunch and once for breakfast. On our lunch visit I had a veggie burger on pita bread. It was possibly the best veggie burger I've ever tasted. For breakfast the next day I had a whole wheat pancake with strawberries, white chocolate and whipped cream. It was in a word: outstanding! My friend had a lemon waffle that was also amazing.

This place is very small and gets busy fast. I loved the layout of the place but my only complaint would be with the so-so service. On both occasions the service was average at best. Still, with food this good and such a cool little hole in the wall I can forgive this to a certain extent. In fact, I plan on going here again on my next visit to Philly. Great food and worth the visit for sure.

• Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“a great "crummy but good'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

this is a place that if you werent aware of it, you wouldnt go in..crummy looking on the outside but great food...small counter, few tables, wait to sit on a weekend...food is special..I had crab meat omelet with spinach, wife had a waffle with whipped cream and strawberries (real ones) ..coffee fresh, grapefruit juice and orange juice freshly squeezed...its the place for a great breakfast-brunch and it now is my "place to go" until something a lot better comes along. Service can be spotty but thats ok cause the end point is worth waiting for including the home made jam on the table...so if you are visiting Phila and can hop a cab from your hotel or walk, do so...it's a place that probably doesnt make the top 10 attractions for food in the city but its super and then you can walk a few blocks and be in the heart of the italian market..what more can be said for a neighborhood place except that i will keep going back...seth and barbara koch

• Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Has just the right brunch feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Morning Glory was my favorite brunch place in Philly until two weeks ago when it got bumped by Honey's...but I don't fault them.

Coffee served in darling little steal insulated mugs. The bacon is awesome. The plates are huge (which is how brunch should be). Their vanilla waffle with whipped cream just floored me with a foodgasm, even though my typical brunch fare requires bacon, eggs and pancakes or something. For a first timer, I definitely recommend one of their fritattas. Cooper is a pleasure to watch, moving with rhythmic effortlessness in front of the fire turning raw ingredients into pure late-morning awesomeness. I definitely recommend sitting at the bar...

So, all that said, there's no call ahead and the brunch rush can be intense. Be prepared to wait your turn.

Visited December 2012