“Amazing pancakes / waffles here!”
Review of Morning Glory

Morning Glory
Ranked #199 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Amazing pancakes / waffles here!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently visited friends in Philly and my buddy told me about this place and how good it was. He wasn't wrong. It was so good in fact that we ate here twice. Once for lunch and once for breakfast. On our lunch visit I had a veggie burger on pita bread. It was possibly the best veggie burger I've ever tasted. For breakfast the next day I had a whole wheat pancake with strawberries, white chocolate and whipped cream. It was in a word: outstanding! My friend had a lemon waffle that was also amazing.

This place is very small and gets busy fast. I loved the layout of the place but my only complaint would be with the so-so service. On both occasions the service was average at best. Still, with food this good and such a cool little hole in the wall I can forgive this to a certain extent. In fact, I plan on going here again on my next visit to Philly. Great food and worth the visit for sure.

• Visited February 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“a great "crummy but good'”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

this is a place that if you werent aware of it, you wouldnt go in..crummy looking on the outside but great food...small counter, few tables, wait to sit on a weekend...food is special..I had crab meat omelet with spinach, wife had a waffle with whipped cream and strawberries (real ones) ..coffee fresh, grapefruit juice and orange juice freshly squeezed...its the place for a great breakfast-brunch and it now is my "place to go" until something a lot better comes along. Service can be spotty but thats ok cause the end point is worth waiting for including the home made jam on the table...so if you are visiting Phila and can hop a cab from your hotel or walk, do so...it's a place that probably doesnt make the top 10 attractions for food in the city but its super and then you can walk a few blocks and be in the heart of the italian market..what more can be said for a neighborhood place except that i will keep going back...seth and barbara koch

• Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Has just the right brunch feel”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Morning Glory was my favorite brunch place in Philly until two weeks ago when it got bumped by Honey's...but I don't fault them.

Coffee served in darling little steal insulated mugs. The bacon is awesome. The plates are huge (which is how brunch should be). Their vanilla waffle with whipped cream just floored me with a foodgasm, even though my typical brunch fare requires bacon, eggs and pancakes or something. For a first timer, I definitely recommend one of their fritattas. Cooper is a pleasure to watch, moving with rhythmic effortlessness in front of the fire turning raw ingredients into pure late-morning awesomeness. I definitely recommend sitting at the bar...

So, all that said, there's no call ahead and the brunch rush can be intense. Be prepared to wait your turn.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Pinkie B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great breakfast neighborhood spot”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This place is all about breakfast and brunch in a very low-key way, they have great food and great service with wonderful specials each day.
This place only works until noon (or around that time) and it's small so sometime you have to wait for a table but it's worth it!

Visited December 2012
Philadelphia Suburb
“Love it, love it, love it!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ok, they make their own ketchup. End of review.

Anyway, I love it here. Dining here is always a pleasure. The food is wonderful, comforting, real, plentiful, afforable, etc., etc., etc. which means there's usually a wait...but it's well worth it.

Their eggs, french toast, waffles, grits and homemade biscuits are to die for and they serve a delicious brand of yogurt.

Just go and see for yourself. It's amazing. Great coffee and jam, too.

• Visited November 2012