“My Lunch Experience”

Lacroix at The Rittenhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lacroix at The Rittenhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 19th & Walnut
Transit: PHLASH
Description: Located in the prestigious Rittenhouse Hotel, gazing over downtown Philadelphia's most elegant square, Lacroix has become a landmark in its own right. Romantic and evocative, our dining room beckons with the luminous glow of candlelight. Indulge your palate in our world-class menu, composed of the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

So before writing this I want to be clear that i came for lunch, and I'm seeing a ton of really positive brunch reviews I don't want to take away from. Honestly, my overall thoughts were that I was paying a lot... a lot a lot... for food that was not out of this world enough to negate the a lot a lot prices. However, what bumped my rating up was the exceptional tomato soup and grilled cheese I got. Truly an inspiration on this classic meal. Seriously, can't recommend it enough, especially when you see I wasn't wild about the place to begin with, but really, the sandwich is a showstopper, and definitely worth checking out if you're in Philly.

Sylvain B, General Manager at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Kbeth00,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope you would give us another try as we have some new changes in our lunch menu. We look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2014

By far, the best brunch you will ever consume. Beautiful elegant setting, perfectly sized portions, wide diversity of choices. You can have eggs a bunch of different ways, salads, charcuterie, desserts, oysters, sushi, the list goes on and on. You get to see inside a large working kitchen. can linger for as long as you like, can go back for creme brulee again after you've had your second shot at the scallop sausage. Yum yum yum. Make reservations way in advance but it will probably be booked, so go at 11:00 and sit in the bar area. Yum.

Dear Phillycnm,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, I will pass this compliment along to our staff as they will be delighted to hear. We look forward to your next visit at Lacroix.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Looking for a buffet which is not only unique and good food, you found the place. The portions were in single size and it looks appetizing and not like someone has gone through the whole plate. The single portions allow you to try everything which is great. Although pricey it is worth the price and the service and staff were great, open kitchen buffet is definitely something to check out.

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased that our staff as well as our food has delighted you. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

What a special place to dine.
Serene, really. You will ask yourself, as you look upon beautiful Rittenhouse Square are are served like king and queen, "where am I?" It's a wonderful dining experience you should take advantage of while in Philadelphia.

My husband and I dined around Valentine's Day, and the restaurant was offering a 5-course tasting menu. I am a vegan, and the restaurant more than accommodated me. They did not make a big deal out of this and served me as if I was a "normal" diner, which is a delight for me. They made me feel so very welcome and it was appreciated. (This does not happen at all restaurants, where I am made to feel awkward by my choice).

Both of our meals were exquisite. We added the wine pairing to the meal (why not?) and enjoyed talking to the sommelier about each wine, her training and her role at the restaurant.

Service was beyond excellent. Each dish was described to us as it arrived, and staff interacted with us as if we were "regulars" and friends.

If you are looking for a wonderful dining experience, make a reservation here. You will be treated like royalty.

Dear Smep013,

I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations on such a special evening, we hope to continue to do in future visits. Thank you so much for joining us at Lacroix.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My friends and I, residents of Washington, D.C., had a superb dinner at Lacroix several years ago. So, on our visit to Philadelphia this week, it was our natural first choice. It was terrific before and even better on this visit. Actually, "incredible" is the word. The staff could not have been more accommodating--incredibly knowledgeable and attentive. The cuisine was also incredible.

One modest criticism: We all (there were four of us) had the four course dinner. As good as it was, it was too much. We had a hard time finishing.... and this is not the kind of cuisine you want to leave on the plate.

We also were quite impressed with the decor. Regal, but not at all ostentatious. The intimate atmosphere made everythin even better.

We feel we know the better restaurants in D.C. fairly well. But when we travel to other cities, we try to discover a Five Star Best. This one fits the bill in every respect--Food, Service, Decor and overall atmosphere, and overall value. If you get the sense we cannot say enough about this great restaurant, well you are right. It was one of the best, most delicious... and overall enjoyable dinners we can remember.

2  Thank Tim O

Dear Tim,

I am delighted to share your feedback with our team as we strive to provide excellent service. We look forward to making your next visit as wonderful as this one.