“Unique Sunday Brunch”

Lacroix at The Rittenhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lacroix at The Rittenhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 4,392 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 19th & Walnut
Transit: PHLASH
Description: Located in the prestigious Rittenhouse Hotel, gazing over downtown Philadelphia's most elegant square, Lacroix has become a landmark in its own right. Romantic and evocative, our dining room beckons with the luminous glow of candlelight. Indulge your palate in our world-class menu, composed of the freshest ingredients.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unique Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Looking for a buffet which is not only unique and good food, you found the place. The portions were in single size and it looks appetizing and not like someone has gone through the whole plate. The single portions allow you to try everything which is great. Although pricey it is worth the price and the service and staff were great, open kitchen buffet is definitely something to check out.

• Visited March 2014
Sylvain B, General Manager at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased that our staff as well as our food has delighted you. We look forward to your next visit.

Philadelphia, PA
“Can you do better than this?”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

What a special place to dine.
Serene, really. You will ask yourself, as you look upon beautiful Rittenhouse Square are are served like king and queen, "where am I?" It's a wonderful dining experience you should take advantage of while in Philadelphia.

My husband and I dined around Valentine's Day, and the restaurant was offering a 5-course tasting menu. I am a vegan, and the restaurant more than accommodated me. They did not make a big deal out of this and served me as if I was a "normal" diner, which is a delight for me. They made me feel so very welcome and it was appreciated. (This does not happen at all restaurants, where I am made to feel awkward by my choice).

Both of our meals were exquisite. We added the wine pairing to the meal (why not?) and enjoyed talking to the sommelier about each wine, her training and her role at the restaurant.

Service was beyond excellent. Each dish was described to us as it arrived, and staff interacted with us as if we were "regulars" and friends.

If you are looking for a wonderful dining experience, make a reservation here. You will be treated like royalty.

• Visited February 2014
Dear Smep013,

I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations on such a special evening, we hope to continue to do in future visits. Thank you so much for joining us at Lacroix.

Kensington, Maryland
“Lacroix--Better than ever”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My friends and I, residents of Washington, D.C., had a superb dinner at Lacroix several years ago. So, on our visit to Philadelphia this week, it was our natural first choice. It was terrific before and even better on this visit. Actually, "incredible" is the word. The staff could not have been more accommodating--incredibly knowledgeable and attentive. The cuisine was also incredible.

One modest criticism: We all (there were four of us) had the four course dinner. As good as it was, it was too much. We had a hard time finishing.... and this is not the kind of cuisine you want to leave on the plate.

We also were quite impressed with the decor. Regal, but not at all ostentatious. The intimate atmosphere made everythin even better.

We feel we know the better restaurants in D.C. fairly well. But when we travel to other cities, we try to discover a Five Star Best. This one fits the bill in every respect--Food, Service, Decor and overall atmosphere, and overall value. If you get the sense we cannot say enough about this great restaurant, well you are right. It was one of the best, most delicious... and overall enjoyable dinners we can remember.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Tim O
Dear Tim,

I am delighted to share your feedback with our team as we strive to provide excellent service. We look forward to making your next visit as wonderful as this one.

Kennett Square, PA
“Special occasion dinner was memorable”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We took my Mother here for her 70th birthday in December. My husband and I ate here during restaurant week and thought the setting and food would be perfect for her day.

I reserved a table along the window so we could get a good view of Rittenhouse square at night, and it was lovely. From the moment we walked in the restaurant, my mother was given special attention.

We all had the price fix and two of us enjoyed the wine pairings. I'd recommend the wine pairings, and the sommelier even wrote down some of our favorite wines of the evening. The service is what sets this place apart. Attentive servers present each course and describe the plate.

It is pricey, but for this special occasion, we didn't mind.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank hmgmba
Sylvain B, General Manager at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear hmgmba,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.
We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Perfection”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

New Year’s Eve at La Croix was perfect…the cuisine, the elegant but warm atmosphere, our well-situated table overlooking the twinkling holiday lights in Rittenhouse Square, the service and the ease of parking—even my beau was on his best behavior. I usually order the hardest thing to prepare on the menu so selected from the four-course tasting menu. I particularly enjoyed the St. Canut Farm porcelette—delicate, moist and tender, encased in a thin crust of crispy pork fat. But the piece de resistance—for this dispassionate dessert person—was the outstanding pumpkin semifredo—a partially frozen dessert with layers of pumpkin and peanut butter custards on a crust of chocolate and crushed nuts, all topped with an orange glaze and accessorized with a small dip of coffee ice cream—a concoction that is difficult and time-consuming to prepare. My beau declared his venison tender and the scallops cooked to perfection. The management topped the evening by offering us a glass of champagne to usher in 2014. Happy New Year!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Harriet M
Sylvain B, General Manager at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear hmonshaw,
Happy New Year! Thank you for you kind words and for joining us on such a special occasion. Looking forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards