“Special occasion dinner was memorable”

Lacroix at The Rittenhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lacroix at The Rittenhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 4,403 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 19th & Walnut
Transit: PHLASH
Description: Located in the prestigious Rittenhouse Hotel, gazing over downtown Philadelphia's most elegant square, Lacroix has become a landmark in its own right. Romantic and evocative, our dining room beckons with the luminous glow of candlelight. Indulge your palate in our world-class menu, composed of the freshest ingredients.
Kennett Square, PA
“Special occasion dinner was memorable”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We took my Mother here for her 70th birthday in December. My husband and I ate here during restaurant week and thought the setting and food would be perfect for her day.

I reserved a table along the window so we could get a good view of Rittenhouse square at night, and it was lovely. From the moment we walked in the restaurant, my mother was given special attention.

We all had the price fix and two of us enjoyed the wine pairings. I'd recommend the wine pairings, and the sommelier even wrote down some of our favorite wines of the evening. The service is what sets this place apart. Attentive servers present each course and describe the plate.

It is pricey, but for this special occasion, we didn't mind.

1 Thank hmgmba
Sylvain B, General Manager at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear hmgmba,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.
We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards
Sylvain

Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Perfection”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

New Year’s Eve at La Croix was perfect…the cuisine, the elegant but warm atmosphere, our well-situated table overlooking the twinkling holiday lights in Rittenhouse Square, the service and the ease of parking—even my beau was on his best behavior. I usually order the hardest thing to prepare on the menu so selected from the four-course tasting menu. I particularly enjoyed the St. Canut Farm porcelette—delicate, moist and tender, encased in a thin crust of crispy pork fat. But the piece de resistance—for this dispassionate dessert person—was the outstanding pumpkin semifredo—a partially frozen dessert with layers of pumpkin and peanut butter custards on a crust of chocolate and crushed nuts, all topped with an orange glaze and accessorized with a small dip of coffee ice cream—a concoction that is difficult and time-consuming to prepare. My beau declared his venison tender and the scallops cooked to perfection. The management topped the evening by offering us a glass of champagne to usher in 2014. Happy New Year!

1 Thank Harriet M
Sylvain B, General Manager at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear hmonshaw,
Happy New Year! Thank you for you kind words and for joining us on such a special occasion. Looking forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards
Sylvain
Washington, DC
“Really great chef!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

we had the 4-course Dinner on New Year's Eve, great food, great service, pricey but worth it; we had a great time!

Visited December 2013
Sylvain B, General Manager at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear EscapingDC,

Thank you for spending your New Years Eve with us. I am very pleased to hear your- dinner was a delightful one. We look forward to having you and yours in the future.

“Disappointment”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

A recent lunch at Lacroix was a disappointment over a previous lunch, and last evening's dinner there was equally dismal. The prices are horrendous. We settled for the cheapest main course of chicken, which was $37 and nothing to brag about.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Dobbi,

Thank you for your review. I apologize your experience did not meet your expectation. I will personally see to it that your next experience will be a better one. Please do not hesitate to call me directly, upon your next visit.

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Very good food, outstanding service, idyllic location”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The restaurant is located on the second floor of the Rittenhouse, on the square. We went there for Sunday brunch; the welcome was outstanding, the restaurant's General Manager was at reception welcoming guests, which boded well for the future.
Our waiter (Mark) gave us an introduction of the buffet and explained the proceedings: starters are close to the entrance, main courses are...in the kitchen and the dessert buffet is in the middle of the restaurant. The trip to the kitchen for the main course was, in my opinion, worth the visit alone.

The food was outstanding throughout, which makes one wonder why this restaurant is ommited from the michelin stars. We've eaten at star restaurants in other US cities and Europe and the food here was definitely on par. My preference in starters went to the sausage and buttermilk beignets and the scallop sausage for the main dishes. In case you're a chocoholic like me, there's dark and milk chocolate fountains and various exquisite desserts.
In terms of drinks, the mimosa and the spring garden cocktails were outstanding.
Even though the place was crowded, our server took the time to cater to our every wish, in a very professional and unobtrusive way. At the end of the meal, I asked for matches (for future use) and they were brought to us by the GM himself, who had earlier stopped at our table to enquire how we were doing.
In short, if you want a slice of extra-good on your plate and in terms of service, visit the Lacroix.

1 Thank Nicolas_Kar
Dear Nicolas_Kar,

Thank you for your warm review! We truly strive for excellence at Lacroix. I look forward to making your next experience another pleasant one.