“LeCroix at the Rittenhouse was (mostly) great”

Lacroix at The Rittenhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lacroix at The Rittenhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 4,519 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 19th & Walnut
Transit: PHLASH
Description: Located in the prestigious Rittenhouse Hotel, gazing over downtown Philadelphia's most elegant square, Lacroix has become a landmark in its own right. Romantic and evocative, our dining room beckons with the luminous glow of candlelight. Indulge your palate in our world-class menu, composed of the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Dinner at LeCroix at the Rittenhouse Hotel was (mostly) great. Superior Wait-Service (took special care of my 4-yr old daughter); friendly, romantic ambiance; food delicious (particularly the foie gras in Strawberry sauce) but beef a little too salty. Salmon excellent. All Food portions a bit too small for price. Wine dramatically overpriced. Service here is the Best Point; Food Value for money a bit below expectations at this expensive restaurant.

1  Thank ME98
Sylvain B, General Manager at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear ME98,
Thank you for the review.I will pass your compliments along to Chris, your server and Chef Jon. We are disappointed that your entire experience was not fulfilled. I hope you will consider joining us again in the near future.
Sylvain

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had reservations for my wife's important birthday. We had booked a month early, considering the reputation of this restaurant. The tasting menu could not have been more bland, with a "sauce" poured over each of the first 4 tastings, all served with a "wine pairing" of similar (if not the same) German Rieslings all served in the same tiny wine glass. We waited for 30 minutes for the 5th course (sweetbreads). And when they finally arrived, they were horribly overcooked. I have had them many times at fabulous restaurants, (inn at little Washington etc. ). This was the epitome of the quality of this meal. We talked to the host, paid for what we had eaten and departed quickly, unhappy and feeling that lacroix was a dud. I know all the reviews say differently; but we will not return.

Dear Jimandphoebe,
Thank you for your review.
I have passed your concern along to the Chef and the Management Staff. We are truly sorry for the bad experience and the inconvenience we might have cause to you and your wife, especially for such a special occasion. Please consider giving us another chance and ask for me personally if you do. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Sylvain

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had an excellent lunch at Lacroix last week. Service was very friendly and attentive. The seared foie gras with grapes and cashew cream was excellent! I had the jumbo shrimps with vegetables and salsa verde that was light and flavorful. Liked the mini-desserts (I chose the cheesecake tart) especially since I had planned to check out the donuts at Federal Donuts after lunch. Next time I return to Philadelphia, plan to dine again at Lacroix!

Sylvain B, General Manager at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear ellenost,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Your kind feedback is appreciated, and I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Philadelphia.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Lacroix Restaurant, located in the Rittenhouse Hotel on Rittenhouse Square (one of the best addresses in Philadelphia) is a supberb classic French restaurant. We enjoyed an anniversary dinner that was perfect in every way. I started with 6 tangy oysters, while my bride raved about her beet salad - a surprisingly substantial portion, with various beets in several preparations, with thinly sliced baquette, coated with chicken liver. Her soft shell crab was lightly battered,with country ham (sounds crazy, but it was great), while my Atlantic cod flaked perfectly in a bowl of beans. Her lamb with curried broccoli and summer squash was a taste treat, while my Berkshire pork belly was a gift from heaven - every bite a wonderful experience. We chose the wine pairing, which was perfect, and ended with cheese. Perfect in every way!!

Dear MorayJohnny,

Thank you so much for your kind and complimentary review of your dining experience. Your feedback is much appreciated, and I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed spending your anniversary with us. I hope to see you again at Lacroix very soon.

Best,

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I went for drinks at Bar 210 (the lounge portion of Lacroix) for even drinks and light food. When we arrived at 9:30, we were the ONLY ones in Bar 210. We sat, ordered drinks, and had the "last call" around 10:15. It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. Great service, good drinks, fantastic cheese plate, but very quiet. Strange.

1  Thank Jonathon H

Dear Jonathon H,

Thank you for joining us at Bar 210. I am glad to know you enjoyed your drinks, food, and service, but apologize that you caught us on a particularly quiet evening! Please consider joining us again the next time you are in Philadelphia.

Regards,