“Good Indian buffet”

Karma Fine Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Karma Fine Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #265 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Indian buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I had been to Karma a few days ago for lunch. The restaurant is compact with closely placed tables. The hotel is dimly lit and the washrooms are clean and big.
The menu offers a sufficient variety of Indian dishes. We opted for the buffet.
The buffet offers a good variety of starters, main course and two desserts. The Naan and Rotis are really soft and well made while Idlis are not so great. The desserts tasted good. There were a variety of chutneys to choose from. The biryani and Paneer butter masala were the best dishes in the buffet.
The best part of the hotel is the hit bollywood numbers that play in the background and give you a feeling of being back in India.
It is a good place to have Indian food and it would be wrong if I forget to mention that the spices are all just right for all the dishes. I would recommend this to friends.

• Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Small place with great food, friendly staff and super cheap prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

They have an appetizer, entree and glass of wine for $20 deal that can't be beat. However it must be noted that the service while friendly is super slow. The naan was great, and there was not one food complaint among my party of 7. The lentils, chick peas and tandoori were all great. Perfect place for a big group in a great location between old city and society hill. A gem!

• Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Indian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently started appreciating Indian food being spoiled by Razika and The Bombay Club in DC. With them not here in Old Town Philly I decided to try Karma based on the reviews. You start by meeting Mani, the manager, who tells you their history. When Mani recommends, pay attention, and enjoy. I went there for dinner two nights in a row, had the same items; the second night proved it was no mistake. Get in line for a remarkable dining experience!

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Indian food in the heart of Philly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great food and nice service! Try the Madras Chicken and the Lentils. They're awesome.The saag chicken and the Lamd Biriyani are also highly recommended

• Visited May 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“I liked it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

My cousin found this place online and decided to take her friend and I. I got the chicken biryani, she had the chicken tikka masala, and friend had the southern chicken. As an appetizer we had the chicken wings. It was a different twist on one of my favorite foods and was ckooked and seasoned perfectly. We had garlic naan that came with our meals. I've never had garlic naan before and it was a great enhancement for a wonderful meal. The chicken in the biryani was a tad bit spicy for my taste, but it was still delicious. The rice was light and seasonings of the masla was better than any other that I have had. The other two said the thoroughly enjoyed their meal as well. The service and staff was excellent as well. If I am ever back in the city I will definitely stop.

• Visited May 2013