“Don't waste your time here!”
Review of Marra's

Marra's
Ranked #1,364 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Ate at this restaurant with my family before taking my daughter back to college. The food came out at different times, leaving some of us either waiting for our food or having finished our food and watching the others eat. My husband's lasagna was covered in so much sauce, it looked like it was drowning in it. The lasagna was cold in the middle. It was if the food wasn't even freshly cooked! He sent it back and told them he didn't want it anymore. My daughter's personal pizza was also drowned in so much sauce that it had hardly any cheese on it. I ordered a small grilled chicken caesar salad. The chicken was so small, it was diced into squares..
As far as service, I found it to be slow. As we were waiting for our daughter's pizza to come out, the waitress takes a seat to chat with another waitress! We had already had our meals served, that I didnt think it would take so long for a personal pizza to come out.

I hope there are better Italian restaurants to eat at in Philadelphia, because this is one, I will never go back to.

1  Thank Mindy W

Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and I moved away from Philadelphia 8 years ago and we still go back to Marra's anytime we are in Philadelphia. This is an authentic, neighborhood, family run place with awesome food at great prices. Our favorites are the white mussels, red pizza with sausage or meatballs, white pizza with broccolini and sun dried tomoatoes, their roasted peppers with crazy-good bread and any pasta dish. Also the anitpasta is killer. Once you have their pizza, anything else except a few places in New York, just seems like a cheap imitation. I went there straight from the airport with the kids and it took us about 15 - 20 minutes, but beware if there is an event at any of the stadiums. Take 95N not the bridge to 76 since there is construction right now. Marra's is on Passyunk Ave (pronounced "Pashyunk"). Parking is meter parking but if you get there early enough, it is not a problem. If you park a block or 2 away, enjoy checking out the windows of the local shops along the way, there is a personality in South Philly like no where else.

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Everything you order here is terrific and fresh. Their prices won't be beat. Parking can be difficult though sometimes.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

we had some business in s. phila to take care of and after we spotted Marra's and decided to give it a try. Great find. Antipasto, Pasta with crab meat, Pasta with vegetables and fresh tiramisu for desert. Family run, friendly, good service and an enjoyable meal . I would not go there as a destination but if you are in s. philly and in the neighborhood, its a good meal and a pleasant experience

Reviewed March 17, 2012

My friends, who grew up in the neighborhood, introduced me to Marra's. I've only eaten the pepperoni pizza (twice now) and it was the best I've ever eaten. The pizza I've been eating my whole life is "fake" compared to this pizza. Our servers are fun too. We asked lots of questions - even amidst their business, and they are busy - they were kind enough in answering all our questions. I can't wait to introduce my friends and family to Marra's. Enjoy!

1  Thank GuidedbyGrace