“positively absolutely terrific”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: At the corner of Broad & Chestnut
Description: The Avenue of the Arts is the perfect avenue to dry aged steaks, too. Philadelphia Magazine declared The Capital Grille “a carnivore’s dream.” Top off your fabulous meal with dreamy Chocolate Espresso Cake or Crème Brulée. Then stroll it off on your way to Kimmel Center or the theatre.
Reviewed June 6, 2009

took my wife for a birthday lunch, first off great martini's, then i had wagou sp.. beef carpaicco sp, and the sushi grade tuna seared on one side only.....order them to arrive at same time sort of a raw surf and turf, wife had terrific shrimp chop salad with moist 1-6 shrimp, she got cheesecake with a creme brulee type surface and firm graham cracker crust..i had chocolate hazelnut cake with a nice glass of Dow's port. either of us could finish the dessert. with my commissions down due to the markeplace it was lunch only .......

Reviewed May 11, 2009

save up your money and check this place out. sure it's a steakhouse chain, but it's worth visiting. the place oozes class with its dark wood paneling and white tablecloths. the steaks are top-notch. it's a great place for dates and business, but maybe you should leave the kids at home.

2  Thank BostonianT
Reviewed April 14, 2009

This restaurant certainly lives up to its upscale reputation. The service is outstanding, and the food is amazing. Great ambiance and excellent location. My group ordered different items from the menu including the filet mignon, lobster, and roasted chicken. We also order several sides such as the asparagus, portabella, and sweet potato. All of the items are great. The meats were cooked to perfection, and the vegetables were tender and tasty.

Pricey? Yes. Worth the splurge? Absolutely!!!

2  Thank paris7002
Reviewed March 23, 2009

We ate here on a Saturday night last month. We had a reservation for 8:30pm and did not get seated until after 9:15pm. Our waiter was quite snobby- he was not friendly at all and looked like he just wanted to get his night overwith. My filet was cooked well done when I asked for medium, and it took 20 minutes for them to redo it- so by the time i started eating, everyone was finished. The lobster mac-n-cheese was a definitely highlight! The filet was also very good, but would have been much better if it was cooked properly from the beginning. We waited a good 15 minutes for our car from valet- and the valet guys were just goofing off on the sidewalk. Due to the poor service- i would much rather stay close to home in Chester Springs, PA and go to a better restaurant like The Duling Kurtz.

2  Thank sunleo813
Reviewed February 1, 2009

I guess I dont get this place getting great reviews. The service is great and the food is good but not by a long shot is it thge second best steak house. I had some fish that was ok so I guess next time I need to try the porterhouse. I think it is way overpriced even for Philadelphia.

1  Thank diamond4