“45 Years and we finally hit the jackpot.”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 4,388 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: At the corner of Broad & Chestnut
Description: The Avenue of the Arts is the perfect avenue to dry aged steaks, too. Philadelphia Magazine declared The Capital Grille “a carnivore’s dream.” Top off your fabulous meal with dreamy Chocolate Espresso Cake or Crème Brulée. Then stroll it off on your way to Kimmel Center or the theatre.
New Castle, Delaware
“45 Years and we finally hit the jackpot.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Anniversary meals can sometimes be a disappointment, not this time. A truly outstanding meal, one of the best we have ever had. From start to finish nothing is left to chance here. Our waitress Mary Magoon was the best. We were able to share a steak and lobster meal that was just the right amount for we older people. My wife said the lobster was the best ever and I ate the two small filets that were done just right. An anniversary desert was a pleasant surprise. While it is a bit expensive, when you get your best meal ever how could you complain?

Portsmouth, Virginia
“Reception”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I attended a reception here and the food and service was very good. From shrimp dishes to filet mignon to sirloin, to lamb chops, the food was perfectly cooked and delicious. The wait staff was attentive and very good. I definitely would return again.

Dallas, Texas
“Always Good City to City”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Another capital grill winner. Very nice wine by the glass selection. Excellent & large wedge salad. Tenderloin sliders and calamari were delightful. Service very good & attentive. One of my favorite places to go in downtown Philadelphia. Place was hopping. Nice ambiance.

White Plains, New York
“Great meal and great service in this upscale chain.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great place.we came at our reserved time and were seated immediately.We shared a wonderful chopped salad that was perfectly dressed.my wife ordered a perfectly cooked 14 oz sirloin steak with barely any fat and very tasty.
I ordered doubled rib lamb chops,the best I have ever eaten.it came with a mint jelly sauce that was remarkable..
We ordered coffee that was delicious.To full for dessert !!
Service was perfect well timed and non intrusive
Great meal,pricey but worth it
Wow!!

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Great Filet..Wonderful Service”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went to Capital for the steak dinners...They were excellent for all of us, except my steak was supposed to be medium and it was rare..My experience is not to send back a steak to fix..never seems to taste good when you do that..I eat my steak both ways but prefer medium...For the money it should be right the first time..Nice atmosphere but a little dark..Server was excellent and was well trained..Wine list was big with good selections and properly served..Would definitly go back.

• Visited May 2013