“Great Chocolate Egg Cream”
Review of Nifty Fifty's

Nifty Fifty's
Order Online
Ranked #332 of 5,326 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for pregame lunch and was served at counter the best chocolate egg cream. The black and white milk shake was too rich. The Royal burger and fries were very good as usual.

Date of visit: September 2019
6  Thank rogersober
Write a reviewReviews (87)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Dropped by for a quick lunch late in the day. The setting and service was great with a good milkshake and onion rings. The buffalo chicken cheese steak was okay. We'll be back.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 8, 2019

Visit this place often before eye doctor visits and hair cuts at shopping mall at Grant Ave. My wife usually gets the same thing each visit for breakfast. I get either the creamed chipped beef or eggs sunny side up and no meat.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 16, 2019

This review is confined to breakfast. I've never eaten dinner here, and I I remember eating lunch here twice, many years ago. (I'm not a fan of the "Texas" hot dog, which is split in half.)

The egg dishes are consistently prepared as you order them. A side of bacon consists of four slices, always fully cooked (vs blackened crisp!).

The waffle is a bit too thick, but fresh. The creamed chipped beef here, as in most places, is heavier on the cream than it is on the chipped beef, but otherwise tasty.

The servers try to keep the coffee mug warm, but sometimes fall down on the job. Coffee taste is unique to each palate; the regular java here is just a tad too strong for me, but I neutralized it with an extra half-half.

A major attraction is the freshly squeezed orange juice. The large version is a full 12 ounces. Lotsa juice, baby!

The toast is buttered by the server..I mean fully buttered, not just a smack in the middle of the bread.

There is only booth and counter seating. If you are larger than normal, the booths are uncomfortable.

The entrance door feels like a bank vault door to open!

And finally, it would not be the "Fiftys" without constant '50s rock playing!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Francis C
Reviewed June 7, 2019

Had breakfast here with my husband and a friend. The service was quick even though the place was packed. We sat at the counter which was nice. Our food was delicious. Portions were great and pretty good prices. The service was best of all. I will go back for sure.

Date of visit: May 2019