New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Le Bec Fin - CLOSED

Le Bec Fin
Cuisines: French, American, Belgian, Seafood, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: On Walnut between 15th and 16th
Transit: PHLASH, Septa Bus, Regional Rail Suburban Station,
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“A meal to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I chose this restaurant for our anniversary, and it was amazing!
We chose the tasting menu, and it did not disappoint. It did take a little long in between courses, but well worth the wait.
The highlight of the meal was a cherry, dark chocolate dessert with a layer of gold.

Visited in September of 2010.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“A meal to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I chose this restaurant for our anniversary, and it was amazing!

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence never goes out of style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Unfortunately Le Be Fin is now closed for renovations. It will open again in the fall as a less formal restaurant catering to today's dining public. It seems that customers are threatened by the massive chandeliers that would feel comfortable in Versailles. We opted for the tasting menu and were blown away by the whole experience. We have never been dissatisfied with the restaurant but this time it was possibly the best meal ever. The Risotto with white truffles had so much truffle that it was difficult to find the rice, I guess that they did not want to store the truffles for the summer since they were scheduled to close in a few days. I will shed a few tears for the end of an era and look forward the reopening under the same team.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Luis R
Philadelphia
“What was the fuss?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went here because I thought I would eat a fabulous French meal. The menu is limited and the portions are small. Even at $90 a person, I left there hungry and went to McD's to avoid going to be hungry. The reason it's not terrible in my review was because the staff was attentive.

Visited December 2012
langhorne, pa
“Goodbye old friend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The restaurant still maintains its' beauty but that is the only thing that is still the same. Not only did they loose Chef George Perrier; the restaurant lost the feel of refinement. They took off the door to the kitchen therefore we could hear all the noise of the staff, etc calling out orders etc. The panache of the waiters lifting up the plate domes are gone, too. Most disappointingly, the food is no longer as well prepared as before. The pastry cart which we enjoyed picking & viewing what is offered is gone too. You may think you're going to Le Bec Fin but it is not the Le Bec Fin of days gone by.

• Visited May 2013