“Fabulous Place to Take our Guests in Philly”
Review of Alma de Cuba

Alma de Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 4,403 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 16th and 17th
Transit: Take the Broad Street Line to Walnut-Locust Station. Walk 2.5 blocks West; The 42 Bus Route Runs on Walnut Street and Locust Street. 17th Street stop.
New Jersey
“Fabulous Place to Take our Guests in Philly”
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We took our out of town guests to Alma de Cuba last night, 8/25 and it was fabulous! We are all in our late twenties. The atmosphere was to die for and the food excellent. Bill for four was about $300 and worth every cent. Try the seabass- three of us got it was loved it. Truly a superb dining experience!

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed August 4, 2007

I loved my experience at Alma de Cuba. The bartender was knowlegeable and introduced me to a new drink. The food was all very good and the waitress was also great. We did not feel rushed and the atomosphere was so laid back and nice for a city restaurant.

United States
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 5, 2007

I was taken to Alma de Cuba on a dare. I hadn't tried Cuban cuisine before and this was my introduction. It did not disappoint.

I have since also eaten at Cuba Libre and now officially can say I love Cuban food.

As for Alma de Cuba, it was very nice. The atmosphere is ideal for a romantic night or early in the dating process or with a group of friends when you want to carry on a conversation. The decor is well done.

The service was very good -- the staff attentive and well trained.

The food was very good. Of course it all seemed unique to me at the time, but it was also well prepared and presented. An excellent meal start to finish.

I would recommend it and plan to return frequently myself.

North Carolina
“Cuban vists a Cuban Restaurant”
Reviewed May 5, 2007

We just got back from a weekend getaway to Philly. We had made reservations at Alma De Cuba for our 1st evening.

The restaurant is in a great location - lots of upscale shops, so you can do some window shopping before dinner. The restaurant is multi-level. The bar is on the 1st floor and has a great look. Since we had reservations we were able to go straight upstairs for our dinner. But we did take a better look of the bar upon our departure.

We're originally from South Florida and I can honestly say that the look of the restaurant reminded us of some of the great restaurants in South Beach and Lincoln Road. A great SoBe look.

I'm a Cuban by heritage, so I know cuban cooking. The food was amazing. I had a pork dish and it was cooked perfectly.

They have traditional desserts (Flan) and more daring desserts (cuban cigar shaped cakes etc).

The wait staff was friendly and attentive.

I'm pretty sure that I was the only Cuban in visiting the restaurant that night. The place was full, so reservations are strongly suggested.

My husband travels to Philly for business a few times a year and he now says that he has a new place to takes his co-workers.

Really a lovely evening with great food.

Enjoy.

3 Thank RobertsMom
Westchester County, New York
“my favorite philly restaurant”
Reviewed April 19, 2007

I love latin inspired food so when i was taken here for a surprise dinner I knew I would love it. As soon as we sat down on the top floor at a table for 2 overlooking the entire restuarant we were immediately given excellent service from start to finish. The food was amazing and so were the drinks. This place is not going to cater to anyone expecting huge oversized portions. I can't wait to go back again and I would recommend this place to all my friends.

1 Thank aprilchristine