“Trendy place with great quality fare”
Review of Alma de Cuba

Alma de Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 4,631 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, International
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 16th and 17th
Transit: Take the Broad Street Line to Walnut-Locust Station. Walk 2.5 blocks West; The 42 Bus Route Runs on Walnut Street and Locust Street. 17th Street stop.
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Pricier than many Cuban places, Alma de Cuba delivers with a warm, friendly atmosphere. Great date restaurant and bar.

The food was beautifully prepared and nothing I saw was ordinary. Nice work at all levels.

An interesting new twist (for me) are art projected the walls instead of traditional prints.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We went as a group to this restaurant. The ambience was fine although the music was loud and we had to shout to communicate with each other. The food was very diverse with a varienty of starters, meats and desserts however the overall experience was a bit incongruous with the offerings not neccessarily being complementary. I wouldn't say it was bad but for what we paid, it wasn't worth the money.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Good coktails and a small à la carte menu in this Cuban-American bar restaurant open until late. Modern Latin American cuisine and a nice and informal dining environment with great music and artistic decor.
I loved the Chevice (I tasted the Scallop one) and the Tuna Tostone (appetizer). I came there twice and as main I always took the wonderful Arrzo Calamari, a real arroz negro the Spanish way made with squid ink and flesh. Modernized Latin cuisine (not only Cuban though there are Creole dishes) but not simply Americanized. Worth the price (it's not cheap)!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I went to this place yesterday while visiting Philadelphia for a medical convention.
This place is amazing. I live in NY and I am from Hispanic heritage and I can say that this was one of the best Cuban restaurants I've ever been. The food was very tasty and delicious .I tried the vaca frita ,empanadas and the Cuban cigar chocolate dessert . Everything was delicious .Our server was very good . The music was appropriate for the place and overall the experience was fantastic. I will definitively will go back to this place if I come back to Philadelphia.
I highly recommend it .

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was our first time to go to this restaurant. The atmosphere is very nice, and the food and service are very good. We were not expecting it to be as expensive as it was, so check the menu before you go. However, I would recommend it as a nice place to dine in Philly