“Beautiful”
Review of Alma de Cuba

Alma de Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 4,488 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 16th and 17th
Transit: Take the Broad Street Line to Walnut-Locust Station. Walk 2.5 blocks West; The 42 Bus Route Runs on Walnut Street and Locust Street. 17th Street stop.
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Only went to bar for drinks but the place was so eye-catching and the food looked so delicious I will definitely be dining here on my next Philly trip.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

From the drinks through the desserts, everything was great. Mojitos, Alma's appetizer selection, seared Tuna, and the chocolate cigar. I'm a little hard of hearing, and I was surprised the music was not too loud for me to hear at our table of 5. Our waitress was attentive and professional. Really, the best meal I've had this month.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We've enjoyed wonderful meals and service here in the past, so we chose it for the last night of our vacation week in Philadelphia. Sadly, this visit did not measure up, mostly because of the *terrible* service. The server seemed indifferent from the moment we were seated - from there her attitude deteriorated to downright unpleasant. At one point, one couple in our party joked about moving to another table, because their server was friendly and fun. As for the food, the ceviche was as excellent as we'd remembered, but the rest of our meals were just ok. With so many great restaurants in the area, we're going to drop this one from our list.

1  Thank Trip N
Reviewed March 16, 2014

A great place for sure. If you have not been, go. Excellent food, a bit pricey and a little weak on value. We just went again for the third time or so and the drinks small and expensive and the food was great but nothing over the top. The pork was disapointing. The duck was some of the best i ever had. It is in my opinion a bit touristy for me. Still a great place.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The food at Alma de Cuba is exceptional: unique menu selections, imaginative presentation, and an excellent wine list. My husband and I enjoyed (and strongly recommend) the whole roasted branzino—deboned--with Peruvian potatoes and sun-dried tomato caper chimichurri, uniquely served on a fish plank; or “vaca frita” (“fried cow”)--skirt steak with onions and Cuban oregano. The service is exceptional: from placing our order to seeing our selections served at the table took less than fifteen minutes—especially commendable for a busy Friday evening! The only negatives are non-culinary: the restaurant--at least, the second floor--is so dimly lit that a flashlight is essential to read the menu. The noise level is uncomfortably high (there is a lively bar on the first floor and music is piped in to the second floor dining area as well), making conversation across the table almost impossible. Though I can't recommend this restaurant for a quiet romantic evening, if you can discount the noise and low lighting and focus on the imaginative, interestingly-flavored, and well-presented Cuban and Latin American cuisine, you’ll be well-satisfied. The restaurant is located in the city center of Philadelphia; reservations are essential.