“This is a good choice in a city with many to choose from”
Review of Alma de Cuba

Alma de Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 4,440 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 16th and 17th
Transit: Take the Broad Street Line to Walnut-Locust Station. Walk 2.5 blocks West; The 42 Bus Route Runs on Walnut Street and Locust Street. 17th Street stop.
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

For appetizers, we tried the Alma sampler, 3 different apps of which the fig was the best; a surprise in delicious sweet and salty flavors. Main course of skirt steak and lentil cake both really delicious. I wouldn't reorder the tuna taco or carrot side, and my special mojito didn't have enough sweetness for my taste...Service was outstanding. Nice atmosphere. Would definitely go back and recommend.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and atmosphere. I'm Cuban and I'm used to very good Cuban food and this place was authentic and fantastic! Highly recommend. Perfect to celebrate special occasions or just a great night out.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great food! From apps to drinks to main courses & sides. We we're too full for desert! Our waiter, Craig, was extremely knowledgeable - he has tried everything on the menu multiple times and truly knows the dishes and drinks. Great atmosphere. Ideally, all in party need to be able to go up stairs

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Food, especially the ceviche, was quite good but it is dark in the restaurant-everybody had their flashlight app on to read the menu, and REALLY LOUD. So, I recommend with some reservations.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a business dinner at Alma with a group of about 10 people. Everything was perfect and worthy of a 5-star review.

Service: Perfectly timed, very friendly, and attentive. I didn't need to ask for anything - service progressed at our pace and they cleaned up properly in between courses.

Food: Excellent. Well prepared. Delicious. Beautifully presented.

Drink: Another top review here. They make their own ginger beer (for a dark & stormy). That's impressive.

This is probably the best restaurant I've experienced in Philly.