“the most amazing steak-”
Review of Alma de Cuba

Alma de Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 4,459 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, International
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 16th and 17th
Transit: Take the Broad Street Line to Walnut-Locust Station. Walk 2.5 blocks West; The 42 Bus Route Runs on Walnut Street and Locust Street. 17th Street stop.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place was fantastic.My fiends and I always just google and pick a place to eat when we trade as we are very spontaneous and this place was a great choice.It's combination of cuban and Caribbean food,its an upscale restaurant and the food was delicious.The decor,music(ambiance) was even better,I seriously felt like I was in cuba dining.I had the salmon which was great,my friend had the' VACA FRITA" which is pan seared steak & was the best dish(said the person who doesn't even like red meat.I wanna go back just for that dish.for dessert we had the chocolate cigar which we really enjoyed.
the verdict-must try

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Embarassed to admit this was my first visit to Alma de Cuba. I will be sure to return.
I attended with a group of tourism professionals and everything I tasted was delicious.
My favorites were the dates, the ceviche and the chocolate cigar.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just wow. Three stories of wispy white fine dining, loud and raucous Spanish flying all over, and beautifully design plates and decor. The tasting menu appetizer is worth the price tag, and the skirt steak (if you've read my reviews, you'll know that's my comparison plate) is excellent. Be sure to get sweet plantains as a side - it will fill you up. And the cuban cigar dessert is worth the comicness just to enjoy the dense chocolate ganache.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have eaten Cuban food all over the US and this was by far extremely delicious. Being Cuban I have great expectations and this by far made my taste buds go crazy. My boyfriend and I couldn't stop eating. The service was very attentive and they were all very sweet. The mojitos were also very yummy. I highly recommend people to try this Resturant, I really enjoyed the vaca frita, yuca, and strawberry crepes. We will definitely eat there again!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service was excellent, the "Lechon Asado" was delicious and perfectly cooked, the portions were very generous. As a native Cuban I know my cuban food, that said, the main reason I choose the restaurant is for the "Vaca Frita" -a very traditional dish and was sadly disappinted, the "Tostones" were slightly undercooked but overall we enjoyed the ambience and latin music playing in the backgrounds. We will certainly return to try other favorites on the menu.