“I have loved this place for over a decade”
Review of Penang Restaurant

Penang Restaurant
Ranked #305 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The service is lightning fast. The food is dependably delicious and unique. The interior design is clever and comfortable. One of my very favorite restaurants in Philadelphia.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I was in a hurry and took the first Asian restaurant I encountered. The food was OK but I eat a lot of Asian and it was far short of excellent. The mango cucumber salad was fresh and the best thing I had. Curry was so-so, and the noodle dish greasy.

1  Thank martie765
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I don't think I ever had a bad dish at this place. Service is always good, quick and friendly. I usually go for the boneless chicken curry and a pair of appetizers, their fried ice-cream is to die for.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We always go to Penang when we are in Chinatown. They have very good food and aren't expensive. Penang is also very clean and nice inside. Watching the chefs cook is fun. I highly recommend the #1 Indian pancake. Our family of 4 usually comes out to be no more than $50 (with tip), if that,

Reviewed October 16, 2011