“Lunch in Queen's Village”
Review of Beau Monde

Beau Monde
Reserve with OpenTable
Beau Monde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: 6th and Bainbridge
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had two beautiful savory crepes for lunch, chicken and egg with some delightful wine, seated on the sidewalk cafe under a big umbrella. Our server was very pleasant and efficient. All in all, a very pleasant lunch experience.

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We went for Sunday brunch and we were absolutely delighted with the space. Everything was clean, the restaurant was nicely appointed and the staff was very friendly.

Crêpes (both savory and sweet) are the main feature of the menu and I was surprised how much I loved it. I had chicken, scrambled egg, cheddar, and chive butter. Date had scallops, tomatoes, and cheese. Next time (and there will be a next time) we will have the dessert crêpes...they looked delicious but we were a little too full. With coffees, drinks, entrées, tax, and tip, the bill was $95 for two. A little bit more expensive than the typical Sunday morning haunt, but well worth the experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ordered four different kinds of sweet crepes and split it amongst the four of us. We had a blast! We loved it! I ordered chocolate, toasted coconut with coffee ice cream (I liked this one the best); my husband ordered bananas, toasted almonds, dulce de leche with coconut ice cream (we found this a little too sweet for our taste), apples, goat cheese with vanilla ice cream (Yummy), and my daughter made her own crepe, something with berries and berry sauce (yummy too). Best crepes ever!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a recent Sunday brunch here for a birthday party. The staff was VERY nice, served our large party with real grace. The crepes were really good, as is the beet salad. Only two complaints: the food took a very long time to come (probably because we were late in the day) and it is really loud. Food was really different (buckwheat crepes + dessert crepes both delicious), and well priced.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My niece recommended this restaurant when we were visiting our daughter in Philadelphia. Before even going my daughter and I thought "crepes, how good could they be?" Well upon arriving, I, my wife, daughter and her boyfriend were seated promptly and I ordered a crepe with scallops. Well, upon completion of the meal, both my daughter and I decided that it was one of the best meals we have ever had. We will definitely go back.