“Nice Tequila List and Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tequilas Restaurant

Tequilas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tequilas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 4,317 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: Located at 16th & Locusts where the #2 bus meets the #12 bus. And at the PATCO 16th Street exit.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice Tequila List and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was impressed with the Tequila list and was able to try a few that I had never had while waiting for our table. When we were seated the service was spot on and our server made some great recommendations for drinks and food. It was Restaurant week and we ordered off of that menu. I loved the Empanadas Del Dia for an appetizer, which were delicious, with the surf and turf for dinner. The surf and turf was very good except the Ribeye was a bit fatty and chewy. The sauce was awesome and the Langostino was tender and flavorful. My wife had the Tortilla soup and the fish of the day which was Grouper stuffed with Guacalmole and a mango and ginger sauce. The soup was a bit musty tasting for her taste, but she loved the fish. We each had a Margarita with dinner and both were awesome. Mine was a Short Rib (Siembra Azul Blanco Tequila infused with Jalapeno, fresh Lime and Pomegranate Molasses) which was wonderfully spicy and sweet at the same time. My wife had the Colina, which was the Siembra Azul Blanco Tequila infused with Jalapeno, Agave nectar, Vida Mezcal, Cointreau, fresh Lime juice, Angostura Bitters and Avocado salt. This place has great drinks, great service, really good food and a romantic atmosphere. What else could you want!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Real Mexican food in Philly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great restaurant, nice and sophisticated Mexican food (no Tex-Mex, obviously). Very nice place and atmosphere. Service is impressive. You can also enjoy a drink in the bar. Absolutely recommendable!

• Visited May 2013
Haddon Heights
“Best mexican in Philly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fun, romantic..whatever you wanted it to be ...never disappoints. The owner is usually there. If not, he is perfecting his own brand of Tequila. The Tequila selection is one of the best in the area.His waiters know their stuff!!! Mostly all speak perfect english and happy to please.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great Mexican food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been to Tequila's several times, with my fiance and friends, and we are never disappointed. The service is excellent, it is always crowded (recommendation: Make a reservation for weekends!), and the food is delicious. My fiance and I were last here in July. We started with the Queso Fundido, which was a tasty cheese/chorizo dip and I had the Carne Asade (my favorite, definitely recommend!). Their selection of tequilas is diverse also, but their staff is helpful and friendly in assisting you to select one. Highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013
PA
“Strange, customer-unfriendly policies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went to Tequilas with my wife to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary. We chose the restaurant in large measure because they offered outside seating, but when we got there, they informed us that we could not sit outside, for reasons that still seem vague and strange to me (our waitress said something about it being too hot, but it was quite pleasant outside). We also found their policy of not allowing diners to order appetizers unless they ordered entrees at the same time aggravating, as we were both quite hungry (they didn't even give us chips and salsa until we ordered something). Also, it was so dark where we were sitting that I had to use my cellphone to read the menu. We wound up getting our food to go, and they made no effort to convince us to stay, despite the restaurant being almost empty and the fact that we told them it was our anniversary. And finally, we ordered drinks that were extremely weak. It's too bad that we had a poor experience, since the food was really good and our waitress was very professional. Still, I don't think that I'll be going back there any time soon. If I could, I would give them one and a half stars.

• Visited July 2013