“GREAT”

Sabrina's Cafe
Ranked #45 of 4,610 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Born out of Robert & Raquel DeAbreu's desire to create a comfortable, welcoming place that served great food at great prices; Sabrina’s Café opened in 2001 serving up now infamous staples like Stuffed Challah French Toast, The Barking Chihuahua, and their Huevos Rancheros. A great brunch spot, Sabrinas Cafe also features creative dinner fare that is just as impressive.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Wish you had a place in the King of Prussia area!!!!Above average food at about average prices--The quality and freshness of the food was excellent--above average home cooked food--Food is very tasty--

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This cafe is nearly hidden under a tree on Christian St but do not miss this gourmet breakfast and lunch gem. The chef prepares and presents authentic, quality food and the service was excellent. The French Toast is a local fav, the Ranchos Hueveros was the best I have ever had. The Spagetti with giant prawns was exceptional. The average price per plate was $10 to $15 dollars and the portions are generous. I guaranty you will return.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hi My MoM AND I STOPPED BY AND GRABED A BITE TO EAT FOR LUNCH - The waitress was a doll. She was cheerful and attentive. The restaurant was pleasant and even the bathrooms were immaculate. The food was very good and served hot. We had omelets, but looking at the sandwiches going by, they were huge and made my mouth water. There are also a decent amount of dishes for the vegetarian population. Would definitely go back again and again. Only problem was that it was rather noisy, not a cozy romantic place, but good for the food and service.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

A few years ago I visited Sabrina's for the first time (near Drexel) and really enjoyed it - the ambiance, the beautiful clutter, the organized chaos.

My second time came by accident and by way of Daylight Savings Time - my girlfriend failed to wake us up for the breakfast provided by our hotel and I decided to reward her clockwork deficiency with a feast at Sabrina's.

This time, I went to the location at the Italian Market; we were told "an hour and forty minute" wait, but I felt the power of the force, and we were seated in less than 30 (Hey, did someone drop this $10 bill on the sidewalk?).

We both decided to order specials - hers was the "Scooby Snack Special Pancakes" (with or without hashish): Pumpkin pancakes filled with roasted sweet potato, toasted coconut, and dried cranberries, finished with peach-vanilla syrup and cinnamon-lime butter ($11.95). She enjoyed them (especially the butter) but found the peach-vanilla syrup too heavy, much like when you order "blueberry pancakes" at a ghetto diner and they give you microwaved pancakes absolutely smothered in blueberry compote. I think the syrup on the side would be the way to go.

For my special I ordered the "GI Joe's Real American Special Breakfast": Scrambled eggs stuffed between French Toast dipped country white bread with grilled ham, sauteed spinach, roasted red peppers, cheddar cheese, and a spicy plum tomato-jalapeno jelly ($13.95). My take? I loved it, especially the jelly. Everything seem to gel well and the flavors really came together. It wasn't sweet, it didn't taste greasy and/or fried - it was just good.

I think if you're debating to go you need to consider what kind of breakfast you want. I specifically came here for a mega unique breakfast and received one (really two), but the "two eggs over easy with a side of scrapple" crowd may balk at the wait and possibly the prices, which was about $33.00 for two people who drank coffee with breakfast. Certainly expensive, but worth it if you want to stretch your wings and gouge yourself in style.

I supposed I'm deducting a star because the don't accept Discover - what the actual f? I had to scramble (ba dum dum) to find some cash and pay for the breakfast the old-fashioned way. I'm sorry - either accept credit cards or don't. If you do, accept the majors; if you don't, then make sure you wash your money before you call the IRS.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I like eclectic-type restaurants with options of unique dishes, so Sabrina's Cafe was a good choice for me. My coworker and I went to the one on Christian Street a couple of days ago for lunch. The restaurant is cute and cozy, and has several different rooms, plus a few tables outside. I ordered the Red's Custom Order Special Sandwich off the brunch menu and my friend ordered the Spencer's Slammin' Pulled Pork Sammy. Both were great and the portions were huge. My sandwich had poached, blackened shrimp on brioche with bacon, sweet & spicy red onions, blue cheese crumbles and avocado-roasted, corn-basil aioli. It came with cilantro cole slaw and a side salad. Everything was delicious - even the honey mustard dressing. I should also mention the service was good.

If you'd like a quirky restaurant with tasty, unique food, I would definitely recommend Sabrina's Cafe.