“Really solid place”

Sabrina's Cafe
Ranked #32 of 4,522 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Born out of Robert & Raquel DeAbreu's desire to create a comfortable, welcoming place that served great food at great prices; Sabrina’s Café opened in 2001 serving up now infamous staples like Stuffed Challah French Toast, The Barking Chihuahua, and their Huevos Rancheros. A great brunch spot, Sabrinas Cafe also features creative dinner fare that is just as impressive.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I came here for a late brunch. The pancakes were delicious. I almost wish I had ordered different dish after seeing my dates meal. We went to the location near the Art Museum. Its a little tight inside, without much of waiting area but its as expected in the city. I would happily come again, when I'm in the Art Museum area. There is off-street parking just over on the cross-street.

1  Thank Edward M

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The title says it all, but I'll elaborate here. First, note that I have been coming to Sabrina's since the first one opened on Christian Street. They have 3 now, with a 4th slated to open in February. Each location has its very specific charms. The menus are essentially the same but there can be subtle and delicious differences between locations for the same things. I suspect that the managment might not want to hear that but the subtleties are GOOD. I have probably eaten at Sabrinas over 100 times and can honestly say that I've never had a bad meal there. I also know from seeing the occasional interaction between waitstaff and other customers (i.e., not me) that they really do go out of their way for people. This is particularly nice when they are dealing with a super busy brunch or packed dinner. It's also a nice place for a business lunch or brunch since the waitstaff can be relied upon to be attentive but discreet in terms of not showing up and interrupting discussions every two minutes. Would I take someone here on a classy date? Have and do. Prefer to spend a little extra on the opera or symphony tickets and come here before or after. The food is just as good as at places charging 3 times as much (better, I'd argue, but I'm not much for obnoxiously skimpy little cheese plates) and the unpretentious atmosphere is perfect for light or deep discussion
My favorites? Barking Chiwawa (spelling) breakfast burrito, Blue Cheese Frittata, Asian or Greek Salad (might be Mediterranean salad - I get them mixed up), The Mediterannean Wrap, The Greek Tilapia dish, Anything they are doing with Salmon, and of course the Calamari.

Oh and of course their omelletes and tofu scrambles. I'm told their French Toast is awesome but that looks like just too much happiness for me.

Anyway, you can't go wrong here, so give it a try if you are in town for a visit. And if you are a resident and have never come here, doubly give it a try. It's everything Philly ought to be but sometimes isn't. If you've lived here for any length of time you probably know what I mean.

1  Thank Grok P
Reviewed January 25, 2014

After waiting, it was worth the wait. Could have shared the order. Stuff French toast and pumpkin pancakes. Wow I wish I did not have a flight to catch would have taken a doggie bag

1  Thank tripfroggie
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Go and enjoy! We called for reservations on a Sunday late morning and were told 90 minutes. No worries, we were at a family's home. The restaurant was kind enough to text to tell us to come over. When we came to the restaurant, we only waited about five minutes. The waiting area is in another space next to the restaurant. It's a bit cold in there but better than waiting outside. The restaurant itself has many tables in several rooms. Oh, and it's very warm: inside the restaurant. Nice photos and artwork and knick nacks adorn the walls. Now, on to the food. One word: Amazing! The portions are really huge so be prepared to have a hungry appetite. As other readers indicate, doggy bags are a common site. We had some basics, eggs, sandwiches and one of the special breakfast items. I think it was called the Duchess. Flavor layered upon flavor upon flavor. Delicious! The staff while efficient did not seem over friendly. We will be back.

2  Thank DHudsonValley
Reviewed January 14, 2014

You will quite likely carry home a doggy box, but it'll taste too good to share with the pets. Their creations are as creative as they are good. Small and quaint (code for tight). Good service too. We had a party of 8 on a Holiday weekend, but they got us in and feed at a good pace.

1  Thank Oland P